can't compose an email in OWA using IE7

Mike in Nebraska

can't compose an email in OWA using IE7
Running IE7 on Vista Business - fully patched.

I regularly login to my other job's Exchange server via IE7 and OWA. I
recently (last couple weeks) noticed that I can't reply or compose and
email. The pop-up window appears, but the body where I'd type the text has
a red "x" in the upper-left-hand corner. I've tried loosening the security
for the site (it's in my Trusted Sites list), but same result.

Any ideas?
--
Mike Webb
Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.

Don Varnau

Re: can't compose an email in OWA using IE7
Hi,
The Exchange Server may need to be updated. A job for the IT Department.
You receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks, or
you must click to enable the compose frame in Outlook Web Access
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Mike in Nebraska" <Mike_Webb@whoopingcrane.org> wrote in message
> Running IE7 on Vista Business - fully patched.
>
> I regularly login to my other job's Exchange server via IE7 and OWA. I
> recently (last couple weeks) noticed that I can't reply or compose and
> email. The pop-up window appears, but the body where I'd type the text

has
> a red "x" in the upper-left-hand corner. I've tried loosening the

security
> for the site (it's in my Trusted Sites list), but same result.
>
> Any ideas?

Re: can't compose an email in OWA using IE7
Might help:
http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Mike in Nebraska wrote:
> Running IE7 on Vista Business - fully patched.
>
> I regularly login to my other job's Exchange server via IE7 and OWA. I
> recently (last couple weeks) noticed that I can't reply or compose and
> email. The pop-up window appears, but the body where I'd type the text
> has
> a red "x" in the upper-left-hand corner. I've tried loosening the
> security
> for the site (it's in my Trusted Sites list), but same result.
>
> Any ideas?

Mike in Nebraska

Re: can't compose an email in OWA using IE7
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

> Hi,
> The Exchange Server may need to be updated. A job for the IT Department.
> You receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks, or
> you must click to enable the compose frame in Outlook Web Access
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Mike in Nebraska" <Mike_Webb@whoopingcrane.org> wrote in message
>> Running IE7 on Vista Business - fully patched.
>>
>> I regularly login to my other job's Exchange server via IE7 and OWA. I
>> recently (last couple weeks) noticed that I can't reply or compose and
>> email. The pop-up window appears, but the body where I'd type the text

> has
>> a red "x" in the upper-left-hand corner. I've tried loosening the

> security
>> for the site (it's in my Trusted Sites list), but same result.
>>
>> Any ideas?

Mike in Nebraska

Re: can't compose an email in OWA using IE7
I'll give this a try, too.

> Might help:
> http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Mike in Nebraska wrote:
>> Running IE7 on Vista Business - fully patched.
>>
>> I regularly login to my other job's Exchange server via IE7 and OWA. I
>> recently (last couple weeks) noticed that I can't reply or compose and
>> email. The pop-up window appears, but the body where I'd type the text
>> has
>> a red "x" in the upper-left-hand corner. I've tried loosening the
>> security
>> for the site (it's in my Trusted Sites list), but same result.
>>
>> Any ideas?

Mike in Nebraska

Re: can't compose an email in OWA using IE7
That fixed it, thanks!

> Might help:
> http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Mike in Nebraska wrote:
>> Running IE7 on Vista Business - fully patched.
>>
>> I regularly login to my other job's Exchange server via IE7 and OWA. I
>> recently (last couple weeks) noticed that I can't reply or compose and
>> email. The pop-up window appears, but the body where I'd type the text
>> has
>> a red "x" in the upper-left-hand corner. I've tried loosening the
>> security
>> for the site (it's in my Trusted Sites list), but same result.
>>
>> Any ideas?

Re: can't compose an email in OWA using IE7
You're most welcome and thank you VERY much for your feedback, Mike.