IE7 insists on Minimizing!

Oreally

IE7 insists on Minimizing!
Despite my efforts to teach IE7 to open properly it insists at least once a
day to open minimized (I mean scrunched) in the left hand corner of the
screen. I drag it back open to cover most of the screen, rearrange the
toolbars (they get a bit messed up in the scrunch) and then a few hours
later it will start opening minimized again! I have several add-ons: 4 Java
add-ons...3 Google add ons and a few others. Could the add-ons be causing
this? I figure I need the Java, but what else could be causing this rather
major glitch?

Thanks,

Oreally

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 insists on Minimizing!
Hi,
Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

To always get a true maximized window...
AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Oreally" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:I_CdnSbU155BS5LUnZ2dnUVZ_ojinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Despite my efforts to teach IE7 to open properly it insists at least once

> day to open minimized (I mean scrunched) in the left hand corner of the
> screen. I drag it back open to cover most of the screen, rearrange the
> toolbars (they get a bit messed up in the scrunch) and then a few hours
> later it will start opening minimized again! I have several add-ons: 4

Java
> add-ons...3 Google add ons and a few others. Could the add-ons be causing
> this? I figure I need the Java, but what else could be causing this rather
> major glitch?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oreally

Oreally

Re: IE7 insists on Minimizing!
Thanks......

Anyone familiar with this registry fix ?

from: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IEMax [REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Window_Placement"=-

Oreally

> Hi,
> Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
> Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
> Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
> Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.
>
> To always get a true maximized window...
> AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
> IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Oreally" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:I_CdnSbU155BS5LUnZ2dnUVZ_ojinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>> Despite my efforts to teach IE7 to open properly it insists at least once

>> day to open minimized (I mean scrunched) in the left hand corner of the
>> screen. I drag it back open to cover most of the screen, rearrange the
>> toolbars (they get a bit messed up in the scrunch) and then a few hours
>> later it will start opening minimized again! I have several add-ons: 4

> Java
>> add-ons...3 Google add ons and a few others. Could the add-ons be causing
>> this? I figure I need the Java, but what else could be causing this
>> rather
>> major glitch?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Oreally

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 insists on Minimizing!
Yes. It's safe and effective on Windows 95, 98, ME, XP and Vista.

Did my recommended procedure not work?

news:zc2dnY0WXNIi4I3UnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Thanks......
>
> Anyone familiar with this registry fix ?
>
> from: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IEMax [REGEDIT4
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
> "Window_Placement"=-
>
> Oreally

> > Hi,
> > Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
> > Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
> > Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
> > Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.
> >
> > To always get a true maximized window...
> > AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
> > IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

> > "Oreally" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:I_CdnSbU155BS5LUnZ2dnUVZ_ojinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> >> Despite my efforts to teach IE7 to open properly it insists at least

once
> >> day to open minimized (I mean scrunched) in the left hand corner of the
> >> screen. I drag it back open to cover most of the screen, rearrange the
> >> toolbars (they get a bit messed up in the scrunch) and then a few hours
> >> later it will start opening minimized again! I have several add-ons: 4

> > Java
> >> add-ons...3 Google add ons and a few others. Could the add-ons be

causing
> >> this? I figure I need the Java, but what else could be causing this
> >> rather
> >> major glitch?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Oreally

Oreally

Re: IE7 insists on Minimizing!
I went ahead with the reg fix.........so far so good!

Thanks

> Yes. It's safe and effective on Windows 95, 98, ME, XP and Vista.
>
> Did my recommended procedure not work?
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Oreally" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:zc2dnY0WXNIi4I3UnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>> Thanks......
>>
>> Anyone familiar with this registry fix ?
>>
>> from: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IEMax [REGEDIT4
>>
>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
>> "Window_Placement"=-
>>
>> Oreally

>> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
>> > Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
>> > Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
>> > Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.
>> >
>> > To always get a true maximized window...
>> > AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
>> > IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

>> > "Oreally" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > news:I_CdnSbU155BS5LUnZ2dnUVZ_ojinZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> once
>> > Java

> causing

Kayman

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:25:12 -0800, Oreally wrote:

> I went ahead with the reg fix.........so far so good!

Do you have a comprehension problem? Answer Don's question!
Oreally

"Kayman" <kaymanDeleteThis@operamail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:25:12 -0800, Oreally wrote:
>
>> I went ahead with the reg fix.........so far so good!

> Do you have a comprehension problem? Answer Don's question!

Excuse Me!.........I have yet to try Don's suggestion, but it is my backup
solution if the problem develops again.