1. Enable Show Hidden Files & Folders per this tutorial:
2. Open IE to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
3. Open an instance of Notepad (*not* Wordpad): Format | Wordwrap <=this
option must be UNCHECKED
4. In Step #2 of KB945385, copy/paste everything (including the spaces)
between but not including the lines below into the Notepad window instead of
what you see in the blue box:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
5. Close Notepad & save the file as Skiprunonce.reg.
6. Close any/all IE windows.
7. Double-click on the saved file and answer YES to the prompt.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> When I ran IE7 for the first time from my profile, I was shown a page on
> "runonce.msn.com" with two lists of options, a & b. The "a" list of
> was about choosing a default Internet search engine; the "b" list for
> other stuff. I went through the instructions on "a", which led me to some
> other pages, and eventually I got back to the page, which now showed the
> message "Welcome back! Are you ready to select your default search
> provider?", which I did, but now it no longer showed what the other
> were, what they were about, or anything about them. There was no longer
> "b" list of options. When I tried to run the domain-name address again
> "http://runonce.msn.com/", it just brought me back to the page with just
> "a" list. Why can't I see the "b" list to make my selections there? How
> can I get back to the original page?