internet explorer history

Mylene

internet explorer history
Good day,

I was wondering if it is possible to loose two days in the history list? I
can't see friday and saturday, but I can see wednesday and sunday (???).

If not, is it possible to restore those days if they have been deleted?

Thanks a lot!!!

Mylene
Marrie

RE: internet explorer history
Hi Mylene,

I'm Marrie,

yes, there is a way, in going into (Systeme restore)....

You make a restauration point.....but, if u are working with Vista...
it seems there is a problem.

I tried for 2 days to make a restauration point, and I really can't succeed.
I lost all my documents, when I deleted the file: my recent douments.
which I thought were like temporary internet files. which we use to
delete once here and there, with Windows XP.

I wrote just now, to ask help about this restauration point, so, check for
it, maybe someone will come to our rescue.

have a nice day.

Marrie

"Mylene" wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to loose two days in the history list? I
> can't see friday and saturday, but I can see wednesday and sunday (???).
>
> If not, is it possible to restore those days if they have been deleted?
>
> Thanks a lot!!!
>
> Mylene

Bob B

Re: internet explorer history
The restore point is to get a copy of your register not your data !!

Bob

"Marrie" <Marrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mylene,
>
> I'm Marrie,
>
> yes, there is a way, in going into (Systeme restore)....
>
> You make a restauration point.....but, if u are working with Vista...
> it seems there is a problem.
>
> I tried for 2 days to make a restauration point, and I really can't
> succeed.
> I lost all my documents, when I deleted the file: my recent douments.
> which I thought were like temporary internet files. which we use to
> delete once here and there, with Windows XP.
>
> I wrote just now, to ask help about this restauration point, so, check for
> it, maybe someone will come to our rescue.
>
> have a nice day.
>
> Marrie
>
> "Mylene" wrote:
>
>> Good day,
>>
>> I was wondering if it is possible to loose two days in the history list?
>> can't see friday and saturday, but I can see wednesday and sunday (???).
>>
>> If not, is it possible to restore those days if they have been deleted?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!!!
>>
>> Mylene

Mylene

RE: internet explorer history
I think my son was looking at ****s on the web and deleted those 2 days
intentionaly. I did add a parental advisory software now, but I would really
like to be able to tell him that there is no way 2 specific days in the
history files got deleted by themselves...

Can somebody confirm this????

"Mylene" wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to loose two days in the history list? I
> can't see friday and saturday, but I can see wednesday and sunday (???).
>
> If not, is it possible to restore those days if they have been deleted?
>
> Thanks a lot!!!
>
> Mylene

Don Varnau

Re: internet explorer history
Hi,
This free program may show some URLs from those days, or it may not. It
reads the index.dat file, not the History folder. There's no guarantee that
data from those two days will still be in the index.dat file.

IEHistoryView- NirSoft: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iehv.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]