Synchronize

anglirich

Synchronize
IE used to have a feature where you could sync a web page, for further
viewing offline at a later time.

Is this available anymore with IE7, or is it a seperate downloaded add-in
somewhere?

Thanks,

RED in NC

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Synchronize
anglirich wrote:

> IE used to have a feature where you could sync a web page, for further
> viewing offline at a later time.
>
> Is this available anymore with IE7, or is it a seperate downloaded add-in
> somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> RED in NC

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
"Offline Favorites and Scheduled Offline Favorites have been removed from
Internet Explorer 7. Internet Explorer supports RSS feeds, which provide
scheduled updates to web content and offline reading of this content."

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...ff3d31033.mspx
"What happened to offline favorites?"

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

anglirich

Re: Synchronize
Thank you kindly for the info!
RED in NC

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote in message
> anglirich wrote:
>
>> IE used to have a feature where you could sync a web page, for further
>> viewing offline at a later time.
>>
>> Is this available anymore with IE7, or is it a seperate downloaded add-in
>> somewhere?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> RED in NC

> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
> "Offline Favorites and Scheduled Offline Favorites have been removed from
> Internet Explorer 7. Internet Explorer supports RSS feeds, which provide
> scheduled updates to web content and offline reading of this content."
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...ff3d31033.mspx
> "What happened to offline favorites?"
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Synchronize
anglirich wrote:

> Thank you kindly for the info!

YW. Glad to help and thank you for your feedback.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote in message
>> anglirich wrote:
>>
>>> IE used to have a feature where you could sync a web page, for further
>>> viewing offline at a later time.
>>>
>>> Is this available anymore with IE7, or is it a seperate downloaded
>>> add-in somewhere?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> RED in NC

>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
>> "Offline Favorites and Scheduled Offline Favorites have been removed from
>> Internet Explorer 7. Internet Explorer supports RSS feeds, which provide
>> scheduled updates to web content and offline reading of this content."

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...ff3d31033.mspx
>> "What happened to offline favorites?"
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Synchronize
"anglirich" <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote in message
> IE used to have a feature where you could sync a web page, for further viewing offline at a later time.
>

> Is this available anymore with IE7, or is it a seperate downloaded add-in somewhere?

Not in IE7 but it is still in XPsp3.
Open %windir%\Offline Web Pages
and use its Tools menu. You can also open the Favorites bar
on that Explorer window. E.g. press Ctrl-i
Perfectly usable; it's just that there's no UI left in IE7.