Restore function

wei

Restore function
Hi.....IE is quite good but i can't find the restore function......Sometime,
IE will no response.......thus......the restore function is quite
useful.......then the user can use the restore function to restore the same
web window after the web window no response or no working......like other
browser have include this function....

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Bruce Hagen

Re: Restore function
Which version of IE are you referring to?

Do you mean Refresh, rather than Restore?

If IE7, it is two opposing arrow just to the right of the address field.

You can always press F5 to accomplish the same in any browser.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"wei" <wei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.....IE is quite good but i can't find the restore
> function......Sometime,
> IE will no response.......thus......the restore function is quite
> useful.......then the user can use the restore function to restore the
> same
> web window after the web window no response or no working......like other
> browser have include this function....
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

wei

Re: Restore function
IE 7.....Not the refresh.......which means that when it
crashes or no response, then it can be re-opens to the same web window. if
u have several web window
.....when it is no response or crash therefore u no need to go digging for
them again...it can be restore the same web window to user.....IE 8 already
got this function ?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Which version of IE are you referring to?
>
> Do you mean Refresh, rather than Restore?
>
> If IE7, it is two opposing arrow just to the right of the address field.
>
> You can always press F5 to accomplish the same in any browser.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "wei" <wei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.....IE is quite good but i can't find the restore
> > function......Sometime,
> > IE will no response.......thus......the restore function is quite
> > useful.......then the user can use the restore function to restore the
> > same
> > web window after the web window no response or no working......like other
> > browser have include this function....
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

VanguardLH

Re: Restore function
wei wrote:

> IE 7.....Not the refresh.......which means that when it
> crashes or no response, then it can be re-opens to the same web window. if
> u have several web window
> ....when it is no response or crash therefore u no need to go digging for
> them again...it can be restore the same web window to user.....IE 8 already
> got this function ?

Never been a feature of IE 7, or earlier versions. If you want extra
features in IE, you need to install an add-on. IE7Pro (works with IE6
and IE7) has the crash recovery that you want - but it's not perfect.
Sometimes when you start IE, the add-on thinks it crashed last time and
so offers you the list of pages to reopen. Javascript must be enabled
in the browser (for Internet security zone) for this feature to work
since it is used in the web page presented when you load IE and the
add-on thinks there was a crash last time to display a list of
selections from which you can choose which page(s) to reopen.
Marrie

RE: Restore function
hi,
I am very discourages. I was new to Vista...as I bought a new laptop,
Dell...very good, so when I went to (my recent documents) I found that there
was so many there....as about 4 gb....wow....so i saw:
recherche....then...Partout...never saw that before. So I decided to empty
this, as it was like temporary internet files, and that it should not delete
the originals documents.
Everything was there, even mails, name it.
So later on, i emptied the corbeille ( )
Then, when i wanted to go in My Documents, i saw that my pictures, painings,
even My favorites were empty, (or almost empty)
Then I went in System....tried to make a restauration point, so maybe i
could restore all these important docs. to me...hummmm
but no way, it always restore at the moment present, day and time, i can't
get it right.
Please, someone, help me..... (I hate Vista......
thanks in advance,

Marrie

Marrie wrote:

> hi,
> I am very discourages. I was new to Vista...as I bought a new laptop,
> Dell...very good, so when I went to (my recent documents) I found that there
> was so many there....as about 4 gb....wow....so i saw:
> recherche....then...Partout...never saw that before. So I decided to empty
> this, as it was like temporary internet files, and that it should not delete
> the originals documents.
> Everything was there, even mails, name it.
> So later on, i emptied the corbeille ( )
> Then, when i wanted to go in My Documents, i saw that my pictures, painings,
> even My favorites were empty, (or almost empty)
> Then I went in System....tried to make a restauration point, so maybe i
> could restore all these important docs. to me...hummmm
> but no way, it always restore at the moment present, day and time, i can't
> get it right.
> Please, someone, help me..... (I hate Vista......
> thanks in advance,

If you want to ask a question about your own problem, start a new
thread. Don't try to hijack someone else's thread.

So what of "system" did you not understand in the name of the function
"System Restore"? It is NOT a backup program. It saves system critical
files so the *system* can possibly be restored to a prior state (but it
really isn't since the pollution of changes remains with only some of
them stepped upon by the restore). Applications are not the operating
system. Document files are not the operating system. System Restore
doesn't delete your docs nor will it restore them. It doesn't care
about your doc files. That's not what it does.

You could read the included help in Windows Vista to read up on what is
System Restore. A version of help for Windows XP and other related
articles can be read at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...emrestore.mspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Restore
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...utorial56.html

If you want backups of your doc files from which you can restore then
start using and scheduling a backup program to do that.

If the above doesn't answer your question (and educate you that System
Restore is NOT a data backup program) then start your own NEW thread to
ask for help. Don't hijack someone else's thread to start a new thread.
Marrie

Re: Restore function
hi, I'm sorry if I Hijack someone. I'm new here on this communities...

I still don't know how to recuperate files that have been deleted in: recent
documents/recherches/partout.

Then I did empty the (corbeille) garbadge I think....maybe I could have
recuperate them there, then.

I'm new to Vista, and I did not know that deleting those files in recent
documents
I was losing them.

It was all my paintings, photos, etc.etc. even my favorites are gone. I'm
so discouraged.

thanks for any help.

Marrie