Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems

panamax

Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems
I lost functionality on the Prudential 401k website and money! IE8 did not
allow me to select and change investment choices. I could not put a check
mark in a box. Reverting to IE 7 restored functionality.
Also had a problem with Symantec downloads and renewing subscriptions.
Reverting solved the issues.
Thought Microsoft should know.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Leonard Grey

Re: Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems
Try again when IE 8 is released. What you installed was unfinished
software intended for developer testing.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

panamax wrote:
> I lost functionality on the Prudential 401k website and money! IE8 did not
> allow me to select and change investment choices. I could not put a check
> mark in a box. Reverting to IE 7 restored functionality.
> Also had a problem with Symantec downloads and renewing subscriptions.
> Reverting solved the issues.
> Thought Microsoft should know.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems
Beta software is extremely buggy and shouldn't be installed unless you have
a test machine to install it on. I certainly wouldn't be using any 'beta'
software for evaluating investments or online banking, the risk of something
going wrong is to high (and that is only with the software. Investments are
a risky business at the best of times.)

My general advise to any user considering beta software is, unless you are a
beta tester leave well alone.

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"panamax" <panamax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I lost functionality on the Prudential 401k website and money! IE8 did not
> allow me to select and change investment choices. I could not put a check
> mark in a box. Reverting to IE 7 restored functionality.
> Also had a problem with Symantec downloads and renewing subscriptions.
> Reverting solved the issues.
> Thought Microsoft should know.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

thebaer

RE: Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems
how do i get OUT of IE8 and get IE7 back on my vista basic? all the explorer
sites just say how to GEt IE8

"panamax" wrote:

> I lost functionality on the Prudential 401k website and money! IE8 did not
> allow me to select and change investment choices. I could not put a check
> mark in a box. Reverting to IE 7 restored functionality.
> Also had a problem with Symantec downloads and renewing subscriptions.
> Reverting solved the issues.
> Thought Microsoft should know.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Don Varnau

Re: Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems
Hi,
957700 How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

IEBlog- Upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 [install - uninstall]:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-8-beta-2.aspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"thebaer" <thebaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i get OUT of IE8 and get IE7 back on my vista basic? all the

explorer
> sites just say how to GEt IE8

[Unrelated previous posts trimmed]

John Barnett MVP

Re: Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems
1/ Click the Start Button
2/ Click Control Panel
3/ In Control panel, Click Programs and Features Icon
4/ When the Programs and Features window opens look at the left hand pane
marked 'tasks'
5/ Click on 'view installed updates'
6/ In the next window a list of update will appear
7/ Scroll down to the 'Microsoft Windows' updates
8/ You should see IE 8.0 in this list
9/ Click on IE 8.0 option to uninstall it.
10 You will need to restart your PC for the uninstall to take effect
11/ When your PC reboots IE 8.0 will be replaced with IE 7.0

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"thebaer" <thebaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i get OUT of IE8 and get IE7 back on my vista basic? all the
> explorer
> sites just say how to GEt IE8
>
> "panamax" wrote:
>
>> I lost functionality on the Prudential 401k website and money! IE8 did
>> not
>> allow me to select and change investment choices. I could not put a check
>> mark in a box. Reverting to IE 7 restored functionality.
>> Also had a problem with Symantec downloads and renewing subscriptions.
>> Reverting solved the issues.
>> Thought Microsoft should know.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Howard

Re: Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems
I had problem of just removing ie8 beta2 from my windows xp.
I had jumped from ie6 to ie8 without ie7.
and it did not replace back to ie6. Explorer does not work.
I tried to install ie6 or ie7 but it keep saying that there is a newer
version of ie
and I could not install any downgrade versions. Can you help me to downgrade
ie in proper way?

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> 1/ Click the Start Button
> 2/ Click Control Panel
> 3/ In Control panel, Click Programs and Features Icon
> 4/ When the Programs and Features window opens look at the left hand pane
> marked 'tasks'
> 5/ Click on 'view installed updates'
> 6/ In the next window a list of update will appear
> 7/ Scroll down to the 'Microsoft Windows' updates
> 8/ You should see IE 8.0 in this list
> 9/ Click on IE 8.0 option to uninstall it.
> 10 You will need to restart your PC for the uninstall to take effect
> 11/ When your PC reboots IE 8.0 will be replaced with IE 7.0
>

> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Windows XP Associate Expert
> Windows Desktop Experience
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>

> "thebaer" <thebaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how do i get OUT of IE8 and get IE7 back on my vista basic? all the
> > explorer
> > sites just say how to GEt IE8
> >
> > "panamax" wrote:
> >
> >> I lost functionality on the Prudential 401k website and money! IE8 did
> >> not
> >> allow me to select and change investment choices. I could not put a check
> >> mark in a box. Reverting to IE 7 restored functionality.
> >> Also had a problem with Symantec downloads and renewing subscriptions.
> >> Reverting solved the issues.
> >> Thought Microsoft should know.
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> >> "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> >> this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> >> then
> >> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

John Barnett MVP

Re: Reverted to IE 7 from IE8 due to problems
Howard check out this link:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-8-beta-2.aspx

This tells you how to uninstall from XP as the process depends upon whether
you install IE 8.0 prior or after installing XP Service Pack 3