Problems with upgrading vb6 app from IE6 to IE7.

meen.kris1@gmail.com

Problems with upgrading vb6 app from IE6 to IE7.

Hi,

I am working on upgrading a vb6 application from IE6 to IE7.This
application launches several browsers from code and browsers will be
set to different height and width from code.This works fine in
IE6.but not in IE7.

1.When I try to set the height of the Internetexplorer
object(internetexplorer.height property)The height value is
automatically set to 100 eventhough i provide a different number less
than 100,but if i provide a number more than 100,the height will be
set to the number i provide.I have a requirement where i should have
the height of the browser less than 100 for 2 browsers among all the
browsers opened through the App.But this works fine in IE6,height can
be set to any Value in IE6.

2.Fullscreen property in IE6 and IE7 open the browser in full mode and
the titlebar,addressbar,statusbar will be invisible.In IE6 after
setting the browser to fullscreen,the height and width properties can
be changed maintaining the invisiblity of the Titlebar and others.But
In IE7 if i set the Browser.Fullscreen property to true,I cannot
change the Height and width Property.it will be just a full blown up
screen and i cannot resize it back even if i set the resize property
to true.

So i am Setting the fullscreen property to false and resize
propert to true and setting addressbar,toolbar properties to false,but
i cannot get rid of titlebar since there is no property to hide the
titlebar.

Please help me with the above 2 issues.

Thanks..
Allan

Re: Problems with upgrading vb6 app from IE6 to IE7.

<meen.kris1@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>

> I am working on upgrading a vb6 application from IE6 to IE7.This
> application launches several browsers from code and browsers will be
> set to different height and width from code.This works fine in
> IE6.but not in IE7.
>

> 1.When I try to set the height of the Internetexplorer
> object(internetexplorer.height property)The height value is
> automatically set to 100 eventhough i provide a different number less
> than 100,but if i provide a number more than 100,the height will be
> set to the number i provide.I have a requirement where i should have
> the height of the browser less than 100 for 2 browsers among all the
> browsers opened through the App.But this works fine in IE6,height can
> be set to any Value in IE6.
>

> 2.Fullscreen property in IE6 and IE7 open the browser in full mode and
> the titlebar,addressbar,statusbar will be invisible.In IE6 after
> setting the browser to fullscreen,the height and width properties can
> be changed maintaining the invisiblity of the Titlebar and others.But
> In IE7 if i set the Browser.Fullscreen property to true,I cannot
> change the Height and width Property.it will be just a full blown up
> screen and i cannot resize it back even if i set the resize property
> to true.
>
> So i am Setting the fullscreen property to false and resize
> propert to true and setting addressbar,toolbar properties to false,but
> i cannot get rid of titlebar since there is no property to hide the
> titlebar.

You are off-topic in the sense that you should post to a VB developers
forum, not an IE users NG such as this one. This is *not* a VB developers
foruml. It is a NG for IE users (not even beta testers).

--
Allan