internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install

Paula

internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install
some time ago i had installed the iexplorer 7 in my computer but some time
later i have uninstaled it.

now i m trying to instal it again but it doesn't install

have done all the troubleshoting advised (including the advanced)
here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

thanks in advance for any suport.

Re: internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

Assuming WinXP SP2 or SP3:

Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP!
(ignore any references to Vista)

And I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Alternately, use this Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
installing IE7 and install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Paula wrote:
> some time ago i had installed the iexplorer 7 in my computer but some time
> later i have uninstaled it.
>
> now i m trying to instal it again but it doesn't install
>
> have done all the troubleshoting advised (including the advanced)
> here
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220
>
> thanks in advance for any suport.

Paula

Re: internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install

the OS is the winxp home sp3

i did what you said but now is worse.

now i've lost ie6

i'm only able to navigate with firefox ....which i m using now.

thanks in advance

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> Assuming WinXP SP2 or SP3:
>
> Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:
>
> Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
> STOP!
> http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install
> (ignore any references to Vista)
>
> And I strongly recommend using
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the
> installation source, not Automatic/Windows Update.
>
> Alternately, use this Direct Download link:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-081805b2f90b
>
> Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.
>
> Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
> installing IE7 and install any critical updates offered. If Optional
> Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
> to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.
>
> IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
>
> What's New in Internet Explorer 7
>
> Release Notes
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
>
> IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Paula wrote:
> > some time ago i had installed the iexplorer 7 in my computer but some time
> > later i have uninstaled it.
> >
> > now i m trying to instal it again but it doesn't install
> >
> > have done all the troubleshoting advised (including the advanced)
> > here
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220
> >
> > thanks in advance for any suport.

Paula

Re: internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install

an update to the problems.

ie6 doesn t appears pressing the icon on the desktop but appears if i call
windows update and sometimes when i try to navigate with the explorer....

Re: internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install
> i did what you said but now is worse.

What's worse?

> now i've lost ie6

Installing IE7 replaces IE6. Uninstalling "Windows Internet Explorer 7" via
Add/Remove Programs will return you to IE6 automatically.

Did you problems start after installing WinXP SP3?

in the background when you installed WinXP SP3, IE7 or IE8 Beta

Paula wrote:
> the OS is the winxp home sp3
>
> i did what you said but now is worse.
>
> now i've lost ie6
>
> i'm only able to navigate with firefox ....which i m using now.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>
>> Assuming WinXP SP2 or SP3:
>>
>> Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:
>>
>> Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12,
>> then
>> STOP!
>> http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install
>> (ignore any references to Vista)
>>
>> And I strongly recommend using
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the
>> installation source, not Automatic/Windows Update.
>>
>> Alternately, use this Direct Download link:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-081805b2f90b
>>
>> Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.
>>
>> Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
>> installing IE7 and install any critical updates offered. If Optional
>> Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing
>> it
>> to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.
>>
>> IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
>>
>> What's New in Internet Explorer 7
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms649487.aspx
>>
>> Release Notes
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
>>
>> IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Paula wrote:
>>> some time ago i had installed the iexplorer 7 in my computer but some
>>> time
>>> later i have uninstaled it.
>>>
>>> now i m trying to instal it again but it doesn't install
>>>
>>> have done all the troubleshoting advised (including the advanced)
>>> here
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220
>>>
>>> thanks in advance for any suport.

Paula

Re: internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install
there were no problems with those apps in my computer
except perhaps adware plus (the ad watch monitor) who knows...

no problem with the firewall nor antivirus nor sp3

i decided to reinstall the OS

now i have already working the IE8 beta

thank you anyway

Re: internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install
YW but you didn't answer any of my questions.

Paula wrote:
> there were no problems with those apps in my computer
> except perhaps adware plus (the ad watch monitor) who knows...
>
> no problem with the firewall nor antivirus nor sp3
>
> i decided to reinstall the OS
>
> now i have already working the IE8 beta
>
> thank you anyway

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> i did what you said but now is worse.

> What's worse?
>
>> now i've lost ie6

> Installing IE7 replaces IE6. Uninstalling "Windows Internet Explorer 7"
> via
> Add/Remove Programs will return you to IE6 automatically.
>
> Did you problems start after installing WinXP SP3?

> Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications
> running
> in the background when you installed WinXP SP3, IE7 or IE8 Beta
>
> Paula wrote:
>> the OS is the winxp home sp3
>>
>> i did what you said but now is worse.
>>
>> now i've lost ie6
>>
>> i'm only able to navigate with firefox ....which i m using now.
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>>
>>> Assuming WinXP SP2 or SP3:
>>>
>>> Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:
>>>
>>> Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12,
>>> then
>>> STOP!
>>> http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install
>>> (ignore any references to Vista)
>>>
>>> And I strongly recommend using
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the
>>> installation source, not Automatic/Windows Update.
>>>
>>> Alternately, use this Direct Download link:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-081805b2f90b
>>>
>>> Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.
>>>
>>> Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
>>> installing IE7 and install any critical updates offered. If Optional
>>> Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing
>>> it
>>> to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.
>>>
>>> IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
>>>
>>> What's New in Internet Explorer 7
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms649487.aspx
>>>
>>> Release Notes
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
>>>
>>> IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Paula

Re: internet explorer 7 and 8 can't install
ok i explain in detail

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> YW but you didn't answer any of my questions.

> > What's worse?

what was worse was that by clicking the icon of ie6 on the desktop it didn┬┤t
work
i succeded in resolving this issue by restoring the backup of two utilities
to clean the registry (regseeker and regscrubxp)
but it didn't resolve the install problem of installing the ie7 or ie8

> > Did you problems start after installing WinXP SP3?

i think not...

> > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
> > Defender)?
> > What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications
> > running
> > in the background when you installed WinXP SP3, IE7 or IE8 Beta

anti virus - avast home edition
firewall - sunbelt - kerio
anty spyware - adware plus (version of 2006)

i uninstalled sp3, the avast and adaware but maintained the firewall
and then tryied to install again the ie7 but this time the portuguese edition
(the same language of the OS)
didn't work...

then decided to recover the pc console - it is an HP Pavillion with the XP
home preinstalled
it made a clean windows installation but maintained the other directories of
the pc

and i succeded installing the ie7 and afterwards the ie8