Re: Internet Explorer 7

KennethB

Re: Internet Explorer 7
To Whom It May Concern,

Internet Explorer 7 has a security feature which prevents a pop-up window
from coming up on my website. The domain name is: pbbmail.com. To get a
feel of the problem, it is necessary to visit my site at the domain name
listed above and create a new e-mail account by clicking on the appropriate
link in the top menu.

Once you have created your account, you will be logged in immediately. Once
you gain access, please locate and click on the link "Address Book". Next,
locate the "Contact Groups" section and select the "Create New Group" from
the drop down menu. You will notice that a pop up box will attempt to come
up, but it will not come up as IE 7 blocks it. The box that is suppose to
come up is a command prompt which allows you to name the new group you have
created. Instead of this happening, the system just gives the group the
default name which is "NULL".

Now, most would think this is a problem caused by the software itself as I
have received complaints from users of this site, but I later found out this
is a problem directly related to IE 7 ONLY. As this problem does not occur
which IE 5 & 6 as well as FireFox.

Could someone please look into this problem and hopefully find a solution.

Thanks,
Kenneth Bowers
http://www.pbbmail.com

Re: Internet Explorer 7
No one here works for or represents Microsoft, Kenneth (include me).

*You* can see these MSDN pages:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

*You* can consider visiting & posting to MSDN IE Development Forums about
the issue:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1

You might consider testing your site in IE8 Beta, as well. Here are some
references for you:

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Now Available:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...available.aspx

IE8 Beta home page
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...a/default.aspx

Download links for IE8 Beta 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

Installing & Uninstalling IE8 Beta 2
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-8-beta-2.aspx
[http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...ling-ie8.aspx]

IE8 Beta 2 Installation Tips & Troubleshooter
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

IE8 Beta 2 and Reliability
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...liability.aspx

IE8 Beta 2 Release Notes
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

IE8 Beta Readiness Toolkit
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...s/default.aspx

New Features in IE8 Beta 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...-features.aspx

IE Team Blog
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/