"Forbidden" message

Meg

"Forbidden" message
Hello,

My PC : IE7,SP3, Windows XP Home,
My security software: Norton INS 2007, Spybot SD
My PC connection :wireless broadband

I am getting the following message when I try to access my favorite web site.
It started 2 days ago. I have been visiting this web site for more than 4
years
without any problems.

I have not installed any new software and heve not changed any settings of
my PC prior to this. and I have no problem accessing any other site.

The message said

"Forbidden.You don't have permission to access /Custom/BBS/0215272/ on this
server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have tried to fix this problem on my own but it did not work.
So far I have tried the following trouble shooting.

*cleared cookie
*unchecked "Show friendly HTTP error messages." in advance tab in Internet
Option.
* Run Norton as well as Spybot . Result: No Virus or spyware found.

I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a particular
area.
I asked my sister to accsess this web page, and she was able to visit it.
But her area is not my area.
I'm in Washington state, USA and my sister is in Tokyo, Japan.
Could anyone in USA try to access following web site for me, and
let me know if you were able to accesse the web site?
It is not a dangerous site.

http://bbs.cgiboy.com/Custom/BBS/0215272/

Also, if anyone was able to accsess this site, and if you have any solution
to this could you please let me know what I can do to fix this problem?
Of course I appreciate it if you could just tell me whether or not you was
able to accsess the web site.
Thank you for reading this.

Meg

Leonard Grey

Re: "Forbidden" message
"I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a
particular area."

So, are you going to contact the webmaster?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Meg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My PC : IE7,SP3, Windows XP Home,
> My security software: Norton INS 2007, Spybot SD
> My PC connection :wireless broadband
>
> I am getting the following message when I try to access my favorite web site.
> It started 2 days ago. I have been visiting this web site for more than 4
> years
> without any problems.
>
> I have not installed any new software and heve not changed any settings of
> my PC prior to this. and I have no problem accessing any other site.
>
> The message said
>
> "Forbidden.You don't have permission to access /Custom/BBS/0215272/ on this
> server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
>
> I have tried to fix this problem on my own but it did not work.
> So far I have tried the following trouble shooting.
>
> *cleared cookie
> *unchecked "Show friendly HTTP error messages." in advance tab in Internet
> Option.
> * Run Norton as well as Spybot . Result: No Virus or spyware found.
>
> I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a particular
> area.
> I asked my sister to accsess this web page, and she was able to visit it.
> But her area is not my area.
> I'm in Washington state, USA and my sister is in Tokyo, Japan.
> Could anyone in USA try to access following web site for me, and
> let me know if you were able to accesse the web site?
> It is not a dangerous site.
>
> http://bbs.cgiboy.com/Custom/BBS/0215272/
>
> Also, if anyone was able to accsess this site, and if you have any solution
> to this could you please let me know what I can do to fix this problem?
> Of course I appreciate it if you could just tell me whether or not you was
> able to accsess the web site.
> Thank you for reading this.
>
> Meg

Meg

Re: "Forbidden" message
Thank you for the reply.
I do not know how to contact the webmaster.
(I don't have email address or phone number. I wish I did.)

Meg

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> "I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a
> particular area."
>
> So, are you going to contact the webmaster?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Meg wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My PC : IE7,SP3, Windows XP Home,
> > My security software: Norton INS 2007, Spybot SD
> > My PC connection :wireless broadband
> >
> > I am getting the following message when I try to access my favorite web site.
> > It started 2 days ago. I have been visiting this web site for more than 4
> > years
> > without any problems.
> >
> > I have not installed any new software and heve not changed any settings of
> > my PC prior to this. and I have no problem accessing any other site.
> >
> > The message said
> >
> > "Forbidden.You don't have permission to access /Custom/BBS/0215272/ on this
> > server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> > use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
> >
> > I have tried to fix this problem on my own but it did not work.
> > So far I have tried the following trouble shooting.
> >
> > *cleared cookie
> > *unchecked "Show friendly HTTP error messages." in advance tab in Internet
> > Option.
> > * Run Norton as well as Spybot . Result: No Virus or spyware found.
> >
> > I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a particular
> > area.
> > I asked my sister to accsess this web page, and she was able to visit it.
> > But her area is not my area.
> > I'm in Washington state, USA and my sister is in Tokyo, Japan.
> > Could anyone in USA try to access following web site for me, and
> > let me know if you were able to accesse the web site?
> > It is not a dangerous site.
> >
> > http://bbs.cgiboy.com/Custom/BBS/0215272/
> >
> > Also, if anyone was able to accsess this site, and if you have any solution
> > to this could you please let me know what I can do to fix this problem?
> > Of course I appreciate it if you could just tell me whether or not you was
> > able to accsess the web site.
> > Thank you for reading this.
> >
> > Meg

Meg

Re: "Forbidden" message
I was just wondering..
were you able to access the web site I posted?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> "I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a
> particular area."
>
> So, are you going to contact the webmaster?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Meg wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My PC : IE7,SP3, Windows XP Home,
> > My security software: Norton INS 2007, Spybot SD
> > My PC connection :wireless broadband
> >
> > I am getting the following message when I try to access my favorite web site.
> > It started 2 days ago. I have been visiting this web site for more than 4
> > years
> > without any problems.
> >
> > I have not installed any new software and heve not changed any settings of
> > my PC prior to this. and I have no problem accessing any other site.
> >
> > The message said
> >
> > "Forbidden.You don't have permission to access /Custom/BBS/0215272/ on this
> > server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> > use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
> >
> > I have tried to fix this problem on my own but it did not work.
> > So far I have tried the following trouble shooting.
> >
> > *cleared cookie
> > *unchecked "Show friendly HTTP error messages." in advance tab in Internet
> > Option.
> > * Run Norton as well as Spybot . Result: No Virus or spyware found.
> >
> > I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a particular
> > area.
> > I asked my sister to accsess this web page, and she was able to visit it.
> > But her area is not my area.
> > I'm in Washington state, USA and my sister is in Tokyo, Japan.
> > Could anyone in USA try to access following web site for me, and
> > let me know if you were able to accesse the web site?
> > It is not a dangerous site.
> >
> > http://bbs.cgiboy.com/Custom/BBS/0215272/
> >
> > Also, if anyone was able to accsess this site, and if you have any solution
> > to this could you please let me know what I can do to fix this problem?
> > Of course I appreciate it if you could just tell me whether or not you was
> > able to accsess the web site.
> > Thank you for reading this.
> >
> > Meg

Leonard Grey

Re: "Forbidden" message
The originating website (http://www.cgiboy.com) is in Chinese. If you
speak Chinese you will almost certainly be able to find a contact
person. (I hope you have effective, comprehensive malware software
running in the background.) Good luck.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Meg wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
> I do not know how to contact the webmaster.
> (I don't have email address or phone number. I wish I did.)
>
> Meg
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> "I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a
>> particular area."
>>
>> So, are you going to contact the webmaster?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> Meg wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> My PC : IE7,SP3, Windows XP Home,
>>> My security software: Norton INS 2007, Spybot SD
>>> My PC connection :wireless broadband
>>>
>>> I am getting the following message when I try to access my favorite web site.
>>> It started 2 days ago. I have been visiting this web site for more than 4
>>> years
>>> without any problems.
>>>
>>> I have not installed any new software and heve not changed any settings of
>>> my PC prior to this. and I have no problem accessing any other site.
>>>
>>> The message said
>>>
>>> "Forbidden.You don't have permission to access /Custom/BBS/0215272/ on this
>>> server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
>>> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
>>>
>>> I have tried to fix this problem on my own but it did not work.
>>> So far I have tried the following trouble shooting.
>>>
>>> *cleared cookie
>>> *unchecked "Show friendly HTTP error messages." in advance tab in Internet
>>> Option.
>>> * Run Norton as well as Spybot . Result: No Virus or spyware found.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a particular
>>> area.
>>> I asked my sister to accsess this web page, and she was able to visit it.
>>> But her area is not my area.
>>> I'm in Washington state, USA and my sister is in Tokyo, Japan.
>>> Could anyone in USA try to access following web site for me, and
>>> let me know if you were able to accesse the web site?
>>> It is not a dangerous site.
>>>
>>> http://bbs.cgiboy.com/Custom/BBS/0215272/
>>>
>>> Also, if anyone was able to accsess this site, and if you have any solution
>>> to this could you please let me know what I can do to fix this problem?
>>> Of course I appreciate it if you could just tell me whether or not you was
>>> able to accsess the web site.
>>> Thank you for reading this.
>>>
>>> Meg

Meg

Re: "Forbidden" message
Thank you for your relpy.
The web site is Japanese site. and although I speak Japanese
I don't have contact information since I can not see the web site.
I did some research trying to find the webmaster
but no luck.
Since you were able to see the site, it may be due to my PC's problem.
Everything functioning just fine though...
You said you hope I have good malware software.
I suppose that sounds like my software spybot or norton INS 2007
are not that..
Anyway, thank you for looking the web site for me. I appreciate it.

Meg

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> The originating website (http://www.cgiboy.com) is in Chinese. If you
> speak Chinese you will almost certainly be able to find a contact
> person. (I hope you have effective, comprehensive malware software
> running in the background.) Good luck.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Meg wrote:
> > Thank you for the reply.
> > I do not know how to contact the webmaster.
> > (I don't have email address or phone number. I wish I did.)
> >
> > Meg
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> "I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a
> >> particular area."
> >>
> >> So, are you going to contact the webmaster?
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare Humanum Est

Meg

Re: "Forbidden" message
P.S.

I looked up the symptoms of malware infection, and
I don't have any of these symptoms.
(pop ups, redirecting the web, home page changes,
suspicious acitivities, unknown installed software, etc...)
I will try to see if anything else is causing the issue..
Thank you.

Meg

"Meg" wrote:

> Thank you for your relpy.
> The web site is Japanese site. and although I speak Japanese
> I don't have contact information since I can not see the web site.
> I did some research trying to find the webmaster
> but no luck.
> Since you were able to see the site, it may be due to my PC's problem.
> Everything functioning just fine though...
> You said you hope I have good malware software.
> I suppose that sounds like my software spybot or norton INS 2007
> are not that..
> Anyway, thank you for looking the web site for me. I appreciate it.
>
> Meg
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
> > The originating website (http://www.cgiboy.com) is in Chinese. If you
> > speak Chinese you will almost certainly be able to find a contact
> > person. (I hope you have effective, comprehensive malware software
> > running in the background.) Good luck.
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare Humanum Est
> >
> > Meg wrote:
> > > Thank you for the reply.
> > > I do not know how to contact the webmaster.
> > > (I don't have email address or phone number. I wish I did.)
> > >
> > > Meg

Meg

RE: "Forbidden" message
Mr. Grey had mentioned to me if I am going to contact
the webmaster.
I appreciate his idea greatly.
Unfortunately, I don't have any contact information.
I can't see the web site and could not find information
anywhere else.
I checked for malware symptoms as well, and my PC does not
have any symptoms of malware.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be?
Any thoughts to this issue is greatly appreciated.

Meg

"Meg" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My PC : IE7,SP3, Windows XP Home,
> My security software: Norton INS 2007, Spybot SD
> My PC connection :wireless broadband
>
> I am getting the following message when I try to access my favorite web site.
> It started 2 days ago. I have been visiting this web site for more than 4
> years
> without any problems.
>
> I have not installed any new software and heve not changed any settings of
> my PC prior to this. and I have no problem accessing any other site.
>
> The message said
>
> "Forbidden.You don't have permission to access /Custom/BBS/0215272/ on this
> server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
>
> I have tried to fix this problem on my own but it did not work.
> So far I have tried the following trouble shooting.
>
> *cleared cookie
> *unchecked "Show friendly HTTP error messages." in advance tab in Internet
> Option.
> * Run Norton as well as Spybot . Result: No Virus or spyware found.
>
> I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a particular
> area.
> I asked my sister to accsess this web page, and she was able to visit it.
> But her area is not my area.
> I'm in Washington state, USA and my sister is in Tokyo, Japan.
> Could anyone in USA try to access following web site for me, and
> let me know if you were able to accesse the web site?
> It is not a dangerous site.
>
> http://bbs.cgiboy.com/Custom/BBS/0215272/
>
> Also, if anyone was able to accsess this site, and if you have any solution
> to this could you please let me know what I can do to fix this problem?
> Of course I appreciate it if you could just tell me whether or not you was
> able to accsess the web site.
> Thank you for reading this.
>
> Meg

Kayman

Re: "Forbidden" message
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:56:01 -0700, Meg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My PC : IE7,SP3, Windows XP Home,
> My security software: Norton INS 2007, Spybot SD
> My PC connection :wireless broadband
>
> I am getting the following message when I try to access my favorite web site.
> It started 2 days ago. I have been visiting this web site for more than 4
> years without any problems.
>
> I have not installed any new software and heve not changed any settings of
> my PC prior to this. and I have no problem accessing any other site.
>
> The message said
>
> "Forbidden.You don't have permission to access /Custom/BBS/0215272/ on this
> server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
>
> I have tried to fix this problem on my own but it did not work.
> So far I have tried the following trouble shooting.
>
> *cleared cookie
> *unchecked "Show friendly HTTP error messages." in advance tab in Internet
> Option.
> * Run Norton as well as Spybot . Result: No Virus or spyware found.
>
> I was wondering if webmaster is blocking any particular IPS or a particular
> area.
> I asked my sister to accsess this web page, and she was able to visit it.
> But her area is not my area.
> I'm in Washington state, USA and my sister is in Tokyo, Japan.
> Could anyone in USA try to access following web site for me, and
> let me know if you were able to accesse the web site?
> It is not a dangerous site.
>
> http://bbs.cgiboy.com/Custom/BBS/0215272/
>
> Also, if anyone was able to accsess this site, and if you have any solution
> to this could you please let me know what I can do to fix this problem?
> Of course I appreciate it if you could just tell me whether or not you was
> able to accsess the web site.
> Thank you for reading this.

I tried accessing this site with IE7 and Opera but got the same error
message (I reside in SE Asia).
Google search:
"If you're sure the page you're trying to reach is correct, the 403
Forbidden error message may be a mistake. At this point it's probably in
your best interest to contact the webmaster or other website contact and
inform them of the problem."
The webmaster may not be aware of this issue and your sister may be of
assistance.
Good luck
Meg

Re: "Forbidden" message
Thank you for your reply.
I am glad I was able to get feed back from someone who received
same message as I did.
Your reserch ability amazed me. (I tried google search with no luck.)
This web site is a cat owner forum.
Just like you mentioned,
Perhaps the cat owner (site owner) is not aware
of the issue.
I will contact my sister to see if she can contact the webmaster for me.
I'm relieved to know that it's not a PC mulfunction.
Again, thank you for taking time to help me.

Meg