IE7 and search engines won't search anything

Igor

IE7 and search engines won't search anything
A couple of days ago my computer was atacked by some viruses. I took all the
measures to remove them and now my computer is clean. But at the moment I'm
experiencing a huge problem. My browser IE7 won't search anything when I try
to use no matter what search engine. It does work well when I surf the net
and I have no problems with other site but search engines don't work. It's
really wierd but considering the fact that when all my google links were
redirected to some game and poker sites before i had realised that somithing
wrong with the computer and it had been attacked by the viruses it make
sense. If this blog is aimed to solve user's problems I ask you to help me. I
reinstalled EI7 but this doesn't work. Other browsers are of no use either.

Re: IE7 and search engines won't search anything
This is a newsgroup, not a blog, Igor.

> A couple of days ago my computer was atacked by some viruses. I took all
> the
> measures to remove them and now my computer is clean.

You have more work to do:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Igor wrote:
> A couple of days ago my computer was atacked by some viruses. I took all
> the
> measures to remove them and now my computer is clean. But at the moment
> I'm
> experiencing a huge problem. My browser IE7 won't search anything when I
> try
> to use no matter what search engine. It does work well when I surf the net
> and I have no problems with other site but search engines don't work. It's
> really wierd but considering the fact that when all my google links were
> redirected to some game and poker sites before i had realised that
> somithing
> wrong with the computer and it had been attacked by the viruses it make
> sense. If this blog is aimed to solve user's problems I ask you to help
> me.
> I reinstalled EI7 but this doesn't work. Other browsers are of no use
> either.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Igor" <Igor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A couple of days ago my computer was atacked by some viruses. I took all
>the
> measures to remove them and now my computer is clean. But at the moment
> I'm
> experiencing a huge problem. My browser IE7 won't search anything when I
> try
> to use no matter what search engine. It does work well when I surf the net
> and I have no problems with other site but search engines don't work. It's
> really wierd but considering the fact that when all my google links were
> redirected to some game and poker sites before i had realised that
> somithing
> wrong with the computer and it had been attacked by the viruses it make
> sense. If this blog is aimed to solve user's problems I ask you to help
> me. I
> reinstalled EI7 but this doesn't work. Other browsers are of no use
> either.

You didn't catch everything.
Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages, including HijackThis.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email