Re: windows installer Box preparing to install

marcoosh

Re: windows installer Box preparing to install
in addidition when I run ie7 without addons - no problem. it has moved to
happenning when I open applications.
marcoosh

"weasil" wrote:

> I have the same problem that Yauch was seeing.
>
> Everytime I do anything in Internet Explorer (open IE), click a link of any
> kind, etc. -- I get a dialog box that says "Windows Installer" in the title
> bar and "Preparing to Install" in the pop up message. This stays on the
> screen for 2 seconds, then goes away and comes back for 2 more seconds (ie.
> it appears twice), then the browser does whatever it is i was requesting (ie.
> goes to the page).
>
> It definitely makes me nervous that it might be some kind of corruption or
> virus. I will try reinstall IE, or will switch my default to firefox. If
> anyone knows what causes this, it would be appreciated.
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
> > The information in this article:
> >
> > "How to ask a question"
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >
> > will help you create a question that is more likely to provide the
> > information you are seeking.
> >
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >
> > yauch wrote:
> > > Why do i keep seeing this box preparing to install????? How do i get rid of
> > > it !!!!!
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Peter Foldes

Re: windows installer Box preparing to install
Use this tool from MS to fix your issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Peter