IE 8 cookies

garnogirl

IE 8 cookies
I was previously running IE 6 and had the same problem. Updated to IE 8 and
it remained. I have my privacy settings to allow all cookies but when I try
to use websites like amazon.com or target.com it says I need to allow cookies
and will not let me compile a shopping basket. Also sites like hotmail do
not remember my sign in anymore. I think maybe it is a corrupt cookies file
but have no idea how to fix.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 cookies
Anyone know what "the same problem" means?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

garnogirl wrote:
> I was previously running IE 6 and had the same problem. Updated to IE 8 and
> it remained. I have my privacy settings to allow all cookies but when I try
> to use websites like amazon.com or target.com it says I need to allow cookies
> and will not let me compile a shopping basket. Also sites like hotmail do
> not remember my sign in anymore. I think maybe it is a corrupt cookies file
> but have no idea how to fix.

Don Varnau

Re: IE 8 cookies
Hi,
Windows XP?

First try deleting all cookies.

Is a third-party program (CCleaner, a security suite, etc) attempting
to manage cookies?

Is the computer's date, time and time zone correct?

Then, a corrupted Cookies folder is a possibility.

Assuming XP... Logoff of your account, login from another account with admin
privileges or from the machine's default administrator account (startup in
Safe Mode.) From Control Panel> Folder Options make sure that Hidden and
System files are visible. Delete your Cookies folder. Restart. A new Cookies
folder will be created.

Your cookies folder should be at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Cookies.

315222 - A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"garnogirl" <garnogirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was previously running IE 6 and had the same problem. Updated to IE 8

and
> it remained. I have my privacy settings to allow all cookies but when I

try
> to use websites like amazon.com or target.com it says I need to allow

cookies
> and will not let me compile a shopping basket. Also sites like hotmail do
> not remember my sign in anymore. I think maybe it is a corrupt cookies

file
> but have no idea how to fix.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE 8 cookies

"garnogirl" <garnogirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DED5052-8C54-4DE9-91CE-07D684A22EF0@microsoft.com...
>I was previously running IE 6 and had the same problem. Updated to IE 8 and
> it remained. I have my privacy settings to allow all cookies but when I try
> to use websites like amazon.com or target.com it says I need to allow cookies
> and will not let me compile a shopping basket. Also sites like hotmail do
> not remember my sign in anymore.

> I think maybe it is a corrupt cookies file

> but have no idea how to fix.

Tools, Options, Delete (Browsing History), Delete Cookies...

If necessary you could try this with nothing else running including IE
and instead Run... (e.g. press Win-R and enter

control inetcpl.cpl

and then take the same steps.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle