Using IE 7.0, XMCD file doesn't prompt to open or save..opens in H

Beach Lover

Using IE 7.0, XMCD file doesn't prompt to open or save..opens in H
We are using the Angel Learning Management software. We also use MathCad.
When students submit their MathCad assignments within Angel, we are unable to
open them in IE 7.0 since IE 7.0 does not prompt you as to whether you want
to "open or save" the file.

We would just like to "save" the file and then open it from within the
MathCad sofware. Firefox prompts us to "open or save" the file.

What setting in IE needs to be changed so that it prompts whether to "open
or save" instead of just opening in HTML format?
Rui

Re: Using IE 7.0, XMCD file doesn't prompt to open or save..opens in H
Most people don't know what Angel Learning Management software is, why don't
you give us an example of a file name, specially the extension.

--
Rui

"Beach Lover" <BeachLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using the Angel Learning Management software. We also use MathCad.
> When students submit their MathCad assignments within Angel, we are unable
> open them in IE 7.0 since IE 7.0 does not prompt you as to whether you
> want
> to "open or save" the file.
>
> We would just like to "save" the file and then open it from within the
> MathCad sofware. Firefox prompts us to "open or save" the file.
>
> What setting in IE needs to be changed so that it prompts whether to "open
> or save" instead of just opening in HTML format?

Beach Lover

Re: Using IE 7.0, XMCD file doesn't prompt to open or save..opens
The extension for the MathCad is .XMCD. When a file is submitted to this
learning management software (which is accessed via IE 7.0), it has a file
name of "test.xmcd". When clicking on the file name, instead of being
prompted to "open or save" the file, it just automatically opens. Even though
the MathCad software is installed in the machine, it opens in HTML coding.

A Word document can be submitted to the same learning management software
and when we click on that file, we are prompted to "open or save"

Just trying to find out what needs to be changed in IE so that it prompts
with the same thing for these .XMCD files.

Thanks for any help!