Cannot Connect to Internet

KenP

Cannot Connect to Internet
I have Win XP, IE 7 and can't connect to the Internet. I installed new NIC in
event there could be a problem with the old one and although it says it's
connected, I can't bring up a web site. When I go to CMD and try to ping
Yahoo.com I get cannot connect. I've tried CWShredder, LSPFix and TCPFix with
no luck.

I also tried to repair the system but after pressing F8 to accept the
agreement, the REPAIR option does not come up. Any help in resolving this
problem short of reinstalling O/S will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

KenP
Leonard Grey

Re: Cannot Connect to Internet
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
(No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

KenP wrote:
> I have Win XP, IE 7 and can't connect to the Internet. I installed new NIC in
> event there could be a problem with the old one and although it says it's
> connected, I can't bring up a web site. When I go to CMD and try to ping
> Yahoo.com I get cannot connect. I've tried CWShredder, LSPFix and TCPFix with
> no luck.
>
> I also tried to repair the system but after pressing F8 to accept the
> agreement, the REPAIR option does not come up. Any help in resolving this
> problem short of reinstalling O/S will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> KenP

KenP

Re: Cannot Connect to Internet
I did not find IE No Add-Ons in Start, All Programs, Accessories, System
Tools so I went to IE, Tools, Manage Add-Ons and disabled all add-ons. That
did not help.

I tried to create below shortcut but it came back w/cmd not found.

Do not know what I could be doing wrong??

KenP