Excel macro opening without security message

Libby H

Excel macro opening without security message
I have an internal website that was written in ColdFusion 8 that uses
Javascript to open up an Excel spreadsheet. Nornally, when the Javascript is
executed, the user gets the 'open/save/cancel' pop-up box. After they click
on open, they received another pop-up with 'disable macros/enable
macros/cancel'.

I have a user that has Office 2007 installed. After some patching last
evening (not sure what got installed), this user is no longer getting the
security warning message to be able to enable the macros in the spreadsheet
(they did before the patching). It is defaulting to 'disable macros'. Only
Office 2007 users are having problems.

Checked the users Excel 2007 security settings, and it shows to disable
macro with warning message. What I need to know is how to override this
problem. I need to be able to always enable this macro. Tried to put the
website address into the 'trust settings', but it will only take mapped
drives on the PC.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.
Libby H

RE: Excel macro opening without security message
Our desktop group re-installed excel on this PC and voila, everything works
as coded. But, I did find out that there is not a way to automatically
enable macros - that would be a virus.