IE Error message when it try to watch a video from websites.

gdfj1219

IE Error message when it try to watch a video from websites.
I am having problems with trying to watch videos online. It seems that it
starts when the video is running, when i attempt to fast forward. An IE
error message pops up, and is sent to Microsoft tech, and the browser closes.

What is going on? Can anyone help?
Leonard Grey

Re: IE Error message when it try to watch a video from websites.
You don't provide an example of a video which causes the problem, don't
provide the text of the error message, don't say what version of
Internet Explorer you have or even what version of Windows you have, and
you want someone to help you.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

gdfj1219 wrote:
> I am having problems with trying to watch videos online. It seems that it
> starts when the video is running, when i attempt to fast forward. An IE
> error message pops up, and is sent to Microsoft tech, and the browser closes.
>
> What is going on? Can anyone help?

gdfj1219

Re: IE Error message when it try to watch a video from websites.
Sorry Leonard,

IE7, Windows XP. Where can i get the text you need? The videos range from
Comcast news, or U-tube or VOD for my Spanish class at
http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html

I recently installed Safari, and updated my Itunes.
Could that of contributed to the problem?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> You don't provide an example of a video which causes the problem, don't
> provide the text of the error message, don't say what version of
> Internet Explorer you have or even what version of Windows you have, and
> you want someone to help you.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> gdfj1219 wrote:
> > I am having problems with trying to watch videos online. It seems that it
> > starts when the video is running, when i attempt to fast forward. An IE
> > error message pops up, and is sent to Microsoft tech, and the browser closes.
> >
> > What is going on? Can anyone help?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE Error message when it try to watch a video from websites.
You wrote "An IE error message pops up". What does the message say?
(Complete text.)

If I had to guess at this point, I would say to try this: Run Internet
Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

gdfj1219 wrote:
> Sorry Leonard,
>
> IE7, Windows XP. Where can i get the text you need? The videos range from
> Comcast news, or U-tube or VOD for my Spanish class at
> http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html
>
> I recently installed Safari, and updated my Itunes.
> Could that of contributed to the problem?
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> You don't provide an example of a video which causes the problem, don't
>> provide the text of the error message, don't say what version of
>> Internet Explorer you have or even what version of Windows you have, and
>> you want someone to help you.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> gdfj1219 wrote:
>>> I am having problems with trying to watch videos online. It seems that it
>>> starts when the video is running, when i attempt to fast forward. An IE
>>> error message pops up, and is sent to Microsoft tech, and the browser closes.
>>>
>>> What is going on? Can anyone help?

gdfj1219

Re: IE Error message when it try to watch a video from websites.
The following is what i was able to coppy from the message:

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735 ModName: mshtml.dll
ModVer: 7.0.6000.16735 Offset: 00081f4f

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> You wrote "An IE error message pops up". What does the message say?
> (Complete text.)
>
> If I had to guess at this point, I would say to try this: Run Internet
> Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
> of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
> viruses or other malicious software.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> gdfj1219 wrote:
> > Sorry Leonard,
> >
> > IE7, Windows XP. Where can i get the text you need? The videos range from
> > Comcast news, or U-tube or VOD for my Spanish class at
> > http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html
> >
> > I recently installed Safari, and updated my Itunes.
> > Could that of contributed to the problem?
> >

> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> You don't provide an example of a video which causes the problem, don't
> >> provide the text of the error message, don't say what version of
> >> Internet Explorer you have or even what version of Windows you have, and
> >> you want someone to help you.
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare Humanum Est

Leonard Grey

Re: IE Error message when it try to watch a video from websites.
Please proceed with the directions I provided.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

gdfj1219 wrote:
> The following is what i was able to coppy from the message:
>
> AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735 ModName: mshtml.dll
> ModVer: 7.0.6000.16735 Offset: 00081f4f
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> You wrote "An IE error message pops up". What does the message say?
>> (Complete text.)
>>
>> If I had to guess at this point, I would say to try this: Run Internet
>> Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>>
>> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
>> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>>
>> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
>> following target path:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>>
>> If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
>> of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.
>>
>> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
>> viruses or other malicious software.
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> gdfj1219 wrote:
>>> Sorry Leonard,
>>>
>>> IE7, Windows XP. Where can i get the text you need? The videos range from
>>> Comcast news, or U-tube or VOD for my Spanish class at
>>> http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html
>>>
>>> I recently installed Safari, and updated my Itunes.
>>> Could that of contributed to the problem?

Aponi

Re: IE Error message when it try to watch a video from websites.
Ok. I can probably tell you whats wrong! However, I cant tell you how to fix
it. Im actually looking for the fix myself. But this is the problem, your
flash add-on isnt working and its crashing your IE. I ve been on Adobes
website for 4 days now and nothing they suggest is working to fix the problem
either. Hope this info helps you more than its helped me.