IE7 - blan page after New Tab/New Windows

Marek Zegarek

IE7 - blan page after New Tab/New Windows
Hello!

I have strange problem. Few of workstation in my domain have problems with
opening pages in new tab/new window.
When I click normally on link and it opens in main window, everything is ok.
When I try to open it by context menu in new tab/window, I see only blank
page there. When I press Esc two time or mark address and press enter, page
is loading.
IE don't have any addins. Don't have any spyware etc.

I tried to reregister dlls:
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll

and reset IE settings:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Reinstallation of IE helps, but we cannot do this.
Where is a problem and how to resolve it?

Regards
Leszek

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE7 - blan page after New Tab/New Windows
"Marek Zegarek" <Marek@zegarek.pl> wrote in message news:69EC6E98-7983-4211-9415-2826C7DC0A91@microsoft.com...
> Hello!
>
> I have strange problem. Few of workstation in my domain have problems with
> opening pages in new tab/new window.
> When I click normally on link and it opens in main window, everything is ok.
> When I try to open it by context menu in new tab/window, I see only blank
> page there. When I press Esc two time or mark address and press enter, page
> is loading.
> IE don't have any addins. Don't have any spyware etc.
>

> I tried to reregister dlls:

Those are repair tips for IE6 users.
For example, in IE7 instead of shdocvw.dll there is ieframe.dll

I suppose you could try using

regsvr32.exe /i ieframe.dll

for a more relevant repair procedure for IE7.

Also, FYI there is a known incompatibility associated
with the re-registration of shdocvw.dll while IE7 is installed ; )

> and reset IE settings:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Yes. Supposedly that is replacement for the botched /rereg
feature in IE6sp2, in which case you could assume that the equivalent
of all the re-registering which was possible would have been done.
<chortle/>

> Reinstallation of IE helps, but we cannot do this.

Explain? That suggests you have found a specific example
of a deficiency in the RIES tool. If it is still happening with IE8
you could report it for that beta version and have some hope
that it might eventually be improved.

> Where is a problem and how to resolve it?

Who knows? I would try using ProcMon to see what the differences
are in each of the cases you have described. Unfortunately IE has no
specific user diagnostics so we're pretty much on our own doing reverse
engineering that way to try to analyse our symptoms.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---