Just want web addresses in Address Bar

Predatron

Just want web addresses in Address Bar
Is there anyway of removing all the folders I've accessed on my computer from
the address bar in IE7? I like using the drop-down box of the address bar to
fetch previous websites I've visited, but these quickly disappear being
replaced by all folders I've used recently. This is quite annoying and I'd
prefer to use this facility in Windows Explorer and not Internet Explorer.
Can anybody help please?
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Just want web addresses in Address Bar
"Predatron" <Predatron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F77BD164-A814-433E-A3B0-A70A95831AD8@microsoft.com...
> Is there anyway of removing all the folders I've accessed on my computer from
> the address bar in IE7? I like using the drop-down box of the address bar to
> fetch previous websites I've visited, but these quickly disappear being
> replaced by all folders I've used recently. This is quite annoying and I'd
> prefer to use this facility in Windows Explorer and not Internet Explorer.

> Can anybody help please?

With which OS and what level of maintenance?

What happens if you try deleting the My Computer element
in the History bar? E.g. Ctrl-h then View By Site; then right-click
Delete on My Computer.

(I don't know if that works or not; it's just something that I would try
if I was in your position.)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

klm

Re: Just want web addresses in Address Bar
I'm seeing the same thing an Predatron and wish there was a way to shut it
off. I know where and what my folders are, and I don't access them via IE. I
would rather have that space in IE filled with actual website addresses.

Robert: I can't speak for the other poster, but I'm using Windows Vista Home
Premium. I don't know what you mean by "level of maintenance," so I can't
answer that one. It's a fairly new computer. I looked in the History
section/view by sites and did not see My Computer as an option, so I could
not try your solution.