Incorrect username & password error

vscour

Incorrect username & password error
One particular website that I use asks for a username and password, and then
takes me to a https site. All of a sudden this is not working. I have had to
ask the website agents to re-set my password each time, and I can only use it
once. Then I get an IE error msg: "please make sure you have entered a
correct username and password!". My username and password are both correct so
I don't know why this is happening, or how to stop it. Any ideas please?
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Incorrect username & password error

"vscour" <vscour@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A0C3270-FC97-4C9C-AC5B-3308AD7D4E48@microsoft.com...
> One particular website that I use asks for a username and password, and then
> takes me to a https site. All of a sudden this is not working. I have had to
> ask the website agents to re-set my password each time, and I can only use it
> once. Then I get an IE error msg: "please make sure you have entered a
> correct username and password!". My username and password are both correct so
> I don't know why this is happening, or how to stop it.

> Any ideas please?

Delete any Cookies associated with that login and make sure
that you are not using a "back door" to that site. E.g. start from
the site's Home page and login as if you were a first time user.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

vscour

Re: Incorrect username & password error
Thanks Robert. I deleted Cookies (delete browsing history) and I am using
the sites home page, but it is still happening. Are the cookies somewhere
else?