Explorer 7

Tony Stanford

Explorer 7

Hi -

Ever since I installed Explorer 7, I find that when I print some web
pages, some diagrams and pictures won't print.

If I look in print preview, they are all there, but when I print, they
don't come out. If I cut and paste the page into Word and then print it,
all the diagrams print out!

Will some kind soul tell me why those diagrams won't print?

Thanks
--
Tony Stanford

Re: Explorer 7
IE Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Printing | Print background colors
and images (checked?)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Tony Stanford wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Ever since I installed Explorer 7, I find that when I print some web
> pages, some diagrams and pictures won't print.
>
> If I look in print preview, they are all there, but when I print, they
> don't come out. If I cut and paste the page into Word and then print it,
> all the diagrams print out!
>
> Will some kind soul tell me why those diagrams won't print?
>
> Thanks

Tony Stanford

Re: Explorer 7
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have that option checked.
I notice that the images that do not print are linked images, not
embedded. A right click on the linked images gives the option to save
them separately, but they won't print out, although they cut and paste,
and they show on print preview.

I don't want the option to print *all* links on the page, because that
gives me all the hyperlinks too: a massive print out. The main problem I
am having is printing out Wikipedia articles with their diagrams.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

TIA

Tony

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, at 18:22:13, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote

--
Tony Stanford
Tony Stanford

Re: Explorer 7
Sorry, I forgot to say: most images on most web-pages print *do* print
out, but not linked ones.

Tony

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, at 21:05:29, Tony Stanford
<tonystanford@hotmail.co.uk> wrote

--
Tony Stanford

Re: Explorer 7
If you save the page first (IE File | Save as), what happens?

Tony Stanford wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to say: most images on most web-pages print *do* print
> out, but not linked ones.

<paste>
> Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have that option checked.
> I notice that the images that do not print are linked images, not
> embedded. A right click on the linked images gives the option to save
> them separately, but they won't print out, although they cut and paste,
> and they show on print preview.
>
> I don't want the option to print *all* links on the page, because that
> gives me all the hyperlinks too: a massive print out. The main problem I
> am having is printing out Wikipedia articles with their diagrams.
>
> PA Bear wrote:
>> IE Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Printing | Print background
>> colors and images (checked?)

</paste>

>> Ever since I installed Explorer 7, I find that when I print some web
>> pages, some diagrams and pictures won't print.
>>
>> If I look in print preview, they are all there, but when I print, they
>> don't come out. If I cut and paste the page into Word and then print
>> it, all the diagrams print out!
>>
>> Will some kind soul tell me why those diagrams won't print?
>>
>> Thanks

Tony Stanford

Re: Explorer 7
Thanks for the reply. If I save the page as a single html file,
complete, then click on it, it loads into Explorer and looks fine on the
screen, but again, the pictures/diagrams don't print out!

Tony

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, at 09:54:19, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote

--
Tony Stanford
Tony Stanford

Re: Explorer 7
Just to expand on that bit: if I load the saved webpage into Word, it
prints out fine. If I load it into Explorer, it prints out without the
diagrams. I don't get it. The background colour is coming out, but not
the linked images!

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, at 14:58:23, Tony Stanford

--
Tony Stanford