Getting redirected to mobile site

ACK

Getting redirected to mobile site
Recently, when I browse to several different sites using IE 7, I get
redirected to the mobile version of that site. Examples.

www.ebay.com takes me to
http://m.ebay.com/?ebayref=http%3A%2... ect%3Dmobile

When I go to www.etapestry.com and select the Login button at the top of the
page I am redirected to https://app.etapestry.com/prod/MobileLogin.jsp.

I tried clearing the Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies and
clearing the DNS Cache with no success.

I ran a full scan of Windows Defender and it came up clean.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Re: Getting redirected to mobile site
Are you connecting to the internet via a wireless mobile USB card?

ACK wrote:
> Recently, when I browse to several different sites using IE 7, I get
> redirected to the mobile version of that site. Examples.
>
> www.ebay.com takes me to
> http://m.ebay.com/?ebayref=http%3A%2... ect%3Dmobile
>
> When I go to www.etapestry.com and select the Login button at the top of
> the
> page I am redirected to https://app.etapestry.com/prod/MobileLogin.jsp.
>
> I tried clearing the Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies and
> clearing the DNS Cache with no success.
>
> I ran a full scan of Windows Defender and it came up clean.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance!

ACK

Re: Getting redirected to mobile site
No. I am connecting via the onboard Intel 4965AGN wireless card in my
Thinkpad X61T.

Thanks.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you connecting to the internet via a wireless mobile USB card?
>
> ACK wrote:
> > Recently, when I browse to several different sites using IE 7, I get
> > redirected to the mobile version of that site. Examples.
> >
> > www.ebay.com takes me to
> > http://m.ebay.com/?ebayref=http%3A%2... ect%3Dmobile
> >
> > When I go to www.etapestry.com and select the Login button at the top of
> > the
> > page I am redirected to https://app.etapestry.com/prod/MobileLogin.jsp.
> >
> > I tried clearing the Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies and
> > clearing the DNS Cache with no success.
> >
> > I ran a full scan of Windows Defender and it came up clean.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any assistance!

ACK

Re: Getting redirected to mobile site
Anyone?

"ACK" wrote:

> No. I am connecting via the onboard Intel 4965AGN wireless card in my
> Thinkpad X61T.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Are you connecting to the internet via a wireless mobile USB card?
> >
> > ACK wrote:
> > > Recently, when I browse to several different sites using IE 7, I get
> > > redirected to the mobile version of that site. Examples.
> > >
> > > www.ebay.com takes me to
> > > http://m.ebay.com/?ebayref=http%3A%2... ect%3Dmobile
> > >
> > > When I go to www.etapestry.com and select the Login button at the top of
> > > the
> > > page I am redirected to https://app.etapestry.com/prod/MobileLogin.jsp.
> > >
> > > I tried clearing the Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies and
> > > clearing the DNS Cache with no success.
> > >
> > > I ran a full scan of Windows Defender and it came up clean.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Donald Anadell

"ACK" <elee@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Anyone?

Have you ruled out your User-Agent String as a cause for you redirect to
Mobile sites?

If you visit the following site:
http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx

Does your User-Agent String reported look something like this:

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "ACK" wrote:
>
>> No. I am connecting via the onboard Intel 4965AGN wireless card in my
>> Thinkpad X61T.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > Are you connecting to the internet via a wireless mobile USB card?

ACK

Re: Getting redirected to mobile site
Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with the User Agent String, so I've
not been able to rule it in or out. I visted the link that you referenced.
Here are the results:

Connection: Keep-Alive
Via: 1.1 SERVER1
Accept: */*
CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Tablet PC 2.0;
InfoPath.2; MS-RTC LM 8; Creative AutoUpdate v1.10.10)
UA-CPU: x86

> Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with the User Agent String, so I've
> not been able to rule it in or out. I visted the link that you referenced.
> Here are the results:

The only thing I can see in your User Agent String that might be causing
this problem(being redirected to Mobile sites) is the following item that is
being reported in your User Agent String:

"Tablet PC 2.0;"

See the following link for similar redirect problem and Registry tweak that
removes "Tablet PC 2.0" from your User Agent String.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?p=117967

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Connection: Keep-Alive
> Via: 1.1 SERVER1
> Accept: */*
> CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Tablet PC 2.0;
> InfoPath.2; MS-RTC LM 8; Creative AutoUpdate v1.10.10)
> UA-CPU: x86
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "ACK" <elee@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> > Anyone?

>> Have you ruled out your User-Agent String as a cause for you redirect to
>> Mobile sites?
>>
>> If you visit the following site:
>> http://www.fiddlertool.com/ua.aspx
>>
>> Does your User-Agent String reported look something like this:

>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

ACK

Re: Getting redirected to mobile site
Donald, I removed Tablet PC 2.0 from the user agent string. It fixed the
problem for one website but not the other.

www.ebay.com no longer redirects me to the mobile site.

Unfortunately, https://app.etapestry.com/prod/Login.jsp still redirects me
to https://app.etapestry.com/prod/MobileLogin.jsp.

Any additional help is much appreciated!

> Donald, I removed Tablet PC 2.0 from the user agent string. It fixed the
> problem for one website but not the other.
>
> www.ebay.com no longer redirects me to the mobile site.
>
> Unfortunately, https://app.etapestry.com/prod/Login.jsp still redirects me
> to https://app.etapestry.com/prod/MobileLogin.jsp.
>
> Any additional help is much appreciated!

Perhaps a stored cookie from etapestry.com is still redirecting you to the
mobile page. You might try purging all your cookies.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "ACK" <elee@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> > Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with the User Agent String, so
>> > I've
>> > not been able to rule it in or out. I visted the link that you
>> > referenced.
>> > Here are the results:

>> The only thing I can see in your User Agent String that might be causing
>> this problem(being redirected to Mobile sites) is the following item that
>> is
>> being reported in your User Agent String:
>>
>> "Tablet PC 2.0;"
>>
>> See the following link for similar redirect problem and Registry tweak
>> that
>> removes "Tablet PC 2.0" from your User Agent String.
>>
>> http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?p=117967
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > Connection: Keep-Alive
>> > Via: 1.1 SERVER1
>> > Accept: */*
>> > .NET
>> > CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Tablet PC 2.0;
>> > InfoPath.2; MS-RTC LM 8; Creative AutoUpdate v1.10.10)
>> > UA-CPU: x86

ACK

Re: Getting redirected to mobile site
No luck even after deleting cookies. :-(