Delete temporary internet files

Dan

Delete temporary internet files
This function is not working on my new computer with Vista. It worked fine
on my old computer with XP. Now when I click on "delete temporary internet
files" nothing happens, and old websites are still highlighted when I
re-visit them. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Kayman

Re: Delete temporary internet files
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 05:45:01 -0700, Dan wrote:

> This function is not working on my new computer with Vista. It worked fine
> on my old computer with XP. Now when I click on "delete temporary internet
> files" nothing happens, and old websites are still highlighted when I
> re-visit them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

CCleaner - Free
Cleans temporary internet files, cookies, history, recent urls, application
MRUs, etc. ...
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
The toolbar offered prior installation is not required!
If Windows Defender is utilized go to Applications, under Utilities
uncheck "Windows Defender" (so it won't delete the history of WD).
If you wish, click 'Options' button the 'Settings' [check] 'Run CCleaner
when the computer starts'.

Re: Delete temporary internet files
Are you executing this via IE Tools | Internet Optioins | General | Browsing
history | Delete | Delete all?

Have you tried using Disk Cleanup?

How new is the machine? Is it still under warranty or Service Contract?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dan wrote:
> This function is not working on my new computer with Vista. It worked
> fine
> on my old computer with XP. Now when I click on "delete temporary
> internet
> files" nothing happens, and old websites are still highlighted when I
> re-visit them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

*Laughingstar*

Re: Delete temporary internet files
I put a shortcut to that folder on my Desktop to keep an eye on the
contents, and it gets emptied daily when I run Ad-Aware, or manually.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Are you executing this via IE Tools | Internet Optioins | General |
> Browsing history | Delete | Delete all?
>
> Have you tried using Disk Cleanup?
>
> How new is the machine? Is it still under warranty or Service
> Contract?
> Dan wrote:
>> This function is not working on my new computer with Vista. It
>> worked fine
>> on my old computer with XP. Now when I click on "delete temporary
>> internet
>> files" nothing happens, and old websites are still highlighted when I
>> re-visit them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Delete temporary internet files
Who asked you?

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Who asked you?

sorry

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Who asked you?

I just didn't know this NG was run by Paulson