IE7 Crashes - related to Login Spoofing?

SteveA

IE7 Crashes - related to Login Spoofing?
i have a very insiduous problem -- when i log to certin secure webstie
(banking, ebay, amazon, etc) i appear to get intercepted and send to a bad
replica of a page asking me to "Confirm Information". The page seeks SSN,
bank info, address, etc. Page is essentially the same regardless of site i'm
trying to reach, except it has headers, look and feel of the site i'm trying
to log onto. Giveaway is mangled english - same regardless of site - and
outdate copyright notice. when i use IE to look at the source, my login ID
and password in embedded in the page in the clear. i've run every anti virus
tool and spyware tool i can locate and all comes up clean. Now for the IE
part -- at seemingly random time, IE7 will crash and request to send Error
Report to MS. I've reloaded IE7 - but all of this stuff still seems to be
happening. I can't find any references to the spoofing issus that i'm seeing
and i came to this form to see if anyone was experiencing IE7 crashes w/
similar circumstances.

Any ideas?

Steve

Re: IE7 Crashes - related to Login Spoofing?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm