Emoticons

comfort1st

Emoticons
I HAVE to use OWA to access my work emails but there is no obvious option to
add emoticons.

Most email programmes provide for emoticons as a standard feature. I see no
reason why OWA should be any different.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

RobertVA

Re: Emoticons
comfort1st wrote:
> I HAVE to use OWA to access my work emails but there is no obvious option to
> add emoticons.
>
> Most email programmes provide for emoticons as a standard feature. I see no
> reason why OWA should be any different.

What is "OWA" and why are you asking about in in an Internet Explorer group?

Some email clients automaicaly convert combinations like 8O or :P
to graphical emoticons (look at them sideways).
Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: Emoticons
OWA is not an IE browser.

"comfort1st" <comfort1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I HAVE to use OWA to access my work emails but there is no obvious option
: add emoticons.
:
: Most email programmes provide for emoticons as a standard feature. I see
no
: reason why OWA should be any different.
:
: ----------------
: This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
: suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
: Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
this
: link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
: click "I Agree" in the message pane.
:
:

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Emoticons
(cross-post added to Exchange Clients)
"comfort1st" <comfort1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E22742C-5710-4632-8163-CBC53E43EB6D@microsoft.com...
>I HAVE to use OWA to access my work emails but there is no obvious option to
> add emoticons.
>
> Most email programmes provide for emoticons as a standard feature. I see no
> reason why OWA should be any different.

Try making the same suggestion in Exchange Clients NG then.

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Mark Arnold [MVP]

Re: Emoticons
WT*?
Exchange is an Enterprise class messaging systems for use in
businesses. As a strong opponent of the damn fool "XBOX 260" Theme you
can get for OWA the use of emoticons in a corporate messaging system
is ridiculous.

But...... that said, given where the recent reorganization has put the
Exchange product group within MS I'd expect to see emoticons,
integration to Twitter (whatever the hell that is) and goodness knows
what else by no later than next Tuesday.

Martin Blackstone [MVP]

Re: Emoticons
I clicked I Disagree.
As Mark said, Exchange a business / enterprise class application. As cute
(ok, annoying and bothersome) as emoticons can be in personal
correspondence, they really have no place in business. I feel the exact same
way about Outlook stationary.
As I once read, and have told others, this kind of stuff is for people who
are more interested in looking cute than doing good business.

> (cross-post added to Exchange Clients)
> "comfort1st" <comfort1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I HAVE to use OWA to access my work emails but there is no obvious option
>> add emoticons.
>>
>> Most email programmes provide for emoticons as a standard feature. I see
>> no
>> reason why OWA should be any different.

> Try making the same suggestion in Exchange Clients NG then.
>

>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

David Kerber

Re: Emoticons
In article <uRyJC9POJHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
martinb@myrealbox.com says...
> I clicked I Disagree.
> As Mark said, Exchange a business / enterprise class application. As cute
> (ok, annoying and bothersome) as emoticons can be in personal
> correspondence, they really have no place in business. I feel the exact same
> way about Outlook stationary.
> As I once read, and have told others, this kind of stuff is for people who
> are more interested in looking cute than doing good business.

Full Ack.

/~\ The ASCII
\ / Ribbon Campaign
X Against HTML
/ \ Email!

newsgroups if possible).

Neil Hobson [MVP]

Re: Emoticons
Outlook stationary? Is that the one that doesn't move?!

Oh yes, I couldn't agree more here.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Martin Blackstone [MVP]" <martinb@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>I clicked I Disagree.
> As Mark said, Exchange a business / enterprise class application. As cute
> (ok, annoying and bothersome) as emoticons can be in personal
> correspondence, they really have no place in business. I feel the exact
> same way about Outlook stationary.
> As I once read, and have told others, this kind of stuff is for people who
> are more interested in looking cute than doing good business.
>

> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
>> (cross-post added to Exchange Clients)
>> "comfort1st" <comfort1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I HAVE to use OWA to access my work emails but there is no obvious option
>>> add emoticons.
>>>
>>> Most email programmes provide for emoticons as a standard feature. I see
>>> no
>>> reason why OWA should be any different.

>> Try making the same suggestion in Exchange Clients NG then.
>>

>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>>> "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>>> this
>>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>>> then
>>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Re: Emoticons
Type ":-)" without the quotes. Duh.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message
> Outlook stationary? Is that the one that doesn't move?!
>
> Oh yes, I couldn't agree more here.
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
> http://www.simple-talk.com/author/neil-hobson/
> http://neilhobson.blogspot.com
>

> "Martin Blackstone [MVP]" <martinb@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>>I clicked I Disagree.
>> As Mark said, Exchange a business / enterprise class application. As cute
>> (ok, annoying and bothersome) as emoticons can be in personal
>> correspondence, they really have no place in business. I feel the exact
>> same way about Outlook stationary.
>> As I once read, and have told others, this kind of stuff is for people
>> who are more interested in looking cute than doing good business.
>>

>> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
>>> (cross-post added to Exchange Clients)
>>> "comfort1st" <comfort1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Try making the same suggestion in Exchange Clients NG then.

Neil Hobson [MVP]

Re: Emoticons
You've lost me there, Ed. Please explain.

Mind you, in re-reading my post, I just want to confirm that I was agreeing
with Martin in his action of clicking "I Disagree".