I've recently run into a problem that has left me scratching my head and was
hopeful I might get some ideas from this community.
I have a Vista Home machine (Athlon 64, 4GB Ram) and, as of yesterday, I
cannot connect to a website with IE. Actually what it turned out was that it
was so slow bringing up a webpage that I thought IE was hung (5-10 mins for
an average web page). The computer is connected to the Internet (I can
download Windows updates, play World of Warcraft, bascially anything that
doesn't require a browser) and I can share information with my other computers
- I patched up the machine with all Windows and driver releases
- I ran the MS Malicious S/W tool although I have McAfee running all the time
- Installed IE 8 in an attempt to 'reinstall' IE
- I've re-installed McAfee
- I've run IE without any addons using the Accessories option
- I've reset IE options through the Tools/Advanced tab and followed all of
the suggestions at
The machine is pretty basic, it is attached to an All-in-One HP Photosmart
printer through the network (I've seen some posts that suggest this might
cause conflicts for some reason).
Thanks for any help or suggestions people might be able to provide. I'm
definitely at my wits end.