temporary internet files

Homer

temporary internet files
Hello,
Every time my wife goes on E-Bay we wind up up with tons of file folders in
out Temporay Internet Files folder. It's very difficult to delete them.
I've noticed that many of the files are picture files of items that have been
viewed in the past. Is there any way to preclude this cache?
ju.c

Re: temporary internet files
In IE, open 'Tools-->Internet Options' and do it all from there,
delete the cache, set options, etc.

ju.c

"Homer" <Homer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D52708-4CA0-4640-8D10-514C896556CE@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> Every time my wife goes on E-Bay we wind up up with tons of file folders in
> out Temporay Internet Files folder. It's very difficult to delete them.
> I've noticed that many of the files are picture files of items that have been
> viewed in the past. Is there any way to preclude this cache?

Leonard Grey

Re: temporary internet files
What does "preclude this cache" mean?

I don't have Vista, but in XP and earlier versions of Windows, Temporary
Internet Files Consists of 4 folders with meaningless names. Each folder
contains a combination of text files, scripts and media files, all of
which were downloaded from websites you visited and stored there to make
subsequent visits to the same web page render faster.

The contents of TIF gradually get removed as newer files come into the
cache. You can also delete the contents of TIF manually.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Homer wrote:
> Hello,
> Every time my wife goes on E-Bay we wind up up with tons of file folders in
> out Temporay Internet Files folder. It's very difficult to delete them.
> I've noticed that many of the files are picture files of items that have been
> viewed in the past. Is there any way to preclude this cache?

Re: temporary internet files
Have you run Disk Cleanup?

Homer wrote:
> Hello,
> Every time my wife goes on E-Bay we wind up up with tons of file folders
> in
> out Temporay Internet Files folder. It's very difficult to delete them.
> I've noticed that many of the files are picture files of items that have
> been viewed in the past. Is there any way to preclude this cache?

Kayman

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:00:01 -0700, Homer wrote:

> Hello,
> Every time my wife goes on E-Bay we wind up up with tons of file folders in
> out Temporay Internet Files folder. It's very difficult to delete them.
> I've noticed that many of the files are picture files of items that have been
> viewed in the past. Is there any way to preclude this cache?

CCleaner - Free
Cleans temporary internet files, cookies, history, recent urls, application
MRUs, etc. ...
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
The toolbar offered prior installation is not required!
If Windows Defender is utilized go to Applications, under Utilities
uncheck "Windows Defender" (so it won't delete the history of WD).
If you wish, click 'Options' button the 'Settings' [check] 'Run CCleaner
when the computer starts'.
--or--
Setup CCleaner to Automatically Run Each Night in Vista or XP
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...n-vista-or-xp/
*Laughingstar*

Kayman wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:00:01 -0700, Homer wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Every time my wife goes on E-Bay we wind up up with tons of file
>> folders in out Temporay Internet Files folder. It's very difficult
>> to delete them. I've noticed that many of the files are picture
>> files of items that have been viewed in the past. Is there any way
>> to preclude this cache?

> CCleaner - Free
> Cleans temporary internet files, cookies, history, recent urls,
> application MRUs, etc. ...
> http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
> The toolbar offered prior installation is not required!
> If Windows Defender is utilized go to Applications, under Utilities
> uncheck "Windows Defender" (so it won't delete the history of WD).

Good point! Thanks. How about Free Eraser?