Addon for IE7/IE8 that allows the use of User Stylesheets?

Synapse Syndrome

Addon for IE7/IE8 that allows the use of User Stylesheets?
Is there any way that User Stylesheets can be used with IE, rather than
making it universally applied using Accessibility?

I would like to make my own changes to websites that I use very often.

This can be done with Firefox, using the Stylish addon:

http://userstyles.org/stylish

I prefer IE to Firefox, but I just wish it there were ways of using certain
things that only Firefox (as far as I know) allows.

ss.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Addon for IE7/IE8 that allows the use of User Stylesheets?

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message news:eA3SjQ7NJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Is there any way that User Stylesheets can be used with IE, rather than making it universally applied using Accessibility?

IE7: no. IE8: yes.

Post in IE Beta NG to discuss IE8 features.

---

Synapse Syndrome

Robert Aldwinckle <robald@techemail.com> wrote:

> > Is there any way that User Stylesheets can be used with IE, rather
> > than making it universally applied using Accessibility?

> IE7: no. IE8: yes.
>
> Post in IE Beta NG to discuss IE8 features.

Are you saying that IE8 has this ability built-in, like IE Mobile, Opera,
etc?

Before I post elsewhere, are you referring to IE8's Alternate style sheets?

Alternate style sheets

Internet Explorer 8 supports alternate style sheets. Specified by CSS 2 and
HTML4, they allow page authors to define and name styles for a page (e.g.,
to demo different design options to customers), to allow users to select a
presentation style that suits their needs, or to display a document with or
without annotations.
Using the Style commands (available from the Page or View menus), the user
can select among the style sheets exposed by a website or disable style
entirely.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...opers-new.aspx

I have not tried IE8 yet, as I am waiting for the final release, so I am not
experienced with how this works. This sounds more like something that
allows the selection of a site-side CSS file, rather than a *user* style
sheet.

The last sentence, that I pasted, does not suggest that a selected user
style sheet can be selected, and for it to be made specific to the site
everytime it is visited, and for it to be at the bottom of the cascade.

Could you please confirm that IE8's Alternate Style Sheets does indeed allow
this.

Thanks.

ss.

Synapse Syndrome

Re: Addon for IE7/IE8 that allows the use of User Stylesheets?
Anyone?

ju.c

Re: Addon for IE7/IE8 that allows the use of User Stylesheets?
Please don't delete previous posts, thanks.

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message news:OFjF54LOJHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Anyone?

Synapse Syndrome

Re: Addon for IE7/IE8 that allows the use of User Stylesheets?
ju.c <bibidybubidyboop@mailnator.com> wrote:

<newbie top-posting macro corrected>

> > Anyone?
> >

> Please don't delete previous posts, thanks.

Huh? Please do not top-post. Thanks.

ss.

ju.c

Re: Addon for IE7/IE8 that allows the use of User Stylesheets?
Please do not bottom post, it's bad practice. Thanks.

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message news:es2TDeMOJHA.4776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> ju.c <bibidybubidyboop@mailnator.com> wrote:
>
> <newbie top-posting macro corrected>
>
>> > Anyone?
>> >

>> Please don't delete previous posts, thanks.

> Huh? Please do not top-post. Thanks.
>
> ss.

Synapse Syndrome

Re: Addon for IE7/IE8 that allows the use of User Stylesheets?
ju.c <bibidybubidyboop@mailnator.com> wrote:

<newbie top-posting macro corrected>

> > > Please don't delete previous posts, thanks.

> > Huh? Please do not top-post. Thanks.

> Please do not bottom post, it's bad practice. Thanks.

If you were not a newbie that only posts on microsoft newsgroups with all
the other newbies, you would not have that opinion.

ss.

ju.c