IE7 problems

ACC

IE7 problems
I have Vista Business SP1 + IE7 both fully patched, and (since last week)
get two problems.

1: when I go to a site that calls FlashPlayer I get a message that tells me
I need a later version of Flashplayer - I have v10.0.12.36 - and will not
play shockwave/flash content.

2: when I launch a live radio feed IE faults (Internet Explorer has stopped
working) and restarts.

As I do not have these problems with my XPPro/IE7 box, and didn't a couple
of weeks ago on the Vista box, I suspect a Microsoft update.

Any ideas anyone, please

Re: IE7 problems
Not all SWF files will work in Flash Player v10.x. Uninstall it then
install v9.x. In a few weeks, Adobe sez a security update for v9.x will be
released to cover the vulnerabilities addressed by v10.x.

ACC wrote:
> I have Vista Business SP1 + IE7 both fully patched, and (since last week)
> get two problems.
>
> 1: when I go to a site that calls FlashPlayer I get a message that tells
> me
> I need a later version of Flashplayer - I have v10.0.12.36 - and will not
> play shockwave/flash content.
>
> 2: when I launch a live radio feed IE faults (Internet Explorer has
> stopped
> working) and restarts.
>
> As I do not have these problems with my XPPro/IE7 box, and didn't a couple
> of weeks ago on the Vista box, I suspect a Microsoft update.
>
> Any ideas anyone, please

ACC

Re: IE7 problems
Tried that, installed 3 different versions of 9.x in sequence, same result,
'a later version of flash player is required'

Gave up, downloaded Firefox, no problems, flash sites and radio streams work
perfectly.

Great advert for MS.

> Not all SWF files will work in Flash Player v10.x. Uninstall it then
> install v9.x. In a few weeks, Adobe sez a security update for v9.x will
> be released to cover the vulnerabilities addressed by v10.x.
>
> ACC wrote:
>> I have Vista Business SP1 + IE7 both fully patched, and (since last week)
>> get two problems.
>>
>> 1: when I go to a site that calls FlashPlayer I get a message that tells
>> me
>> I need a later version of Flashplayer - I have v10.0.12.36 - and will not
>> play shockwave/flash content.
>>
>> 2: when I launch a live radio feed IE faults (Internet Explorer has
>> stopped
>> working) and restarts.
>>
>> As I do not have these problems with my XPPro/IE7 box, and didn't a
>> couple
>> of weeks ago on the Vista box, I suspect a Microsoft update.
>>
>> Any ideas anyone, please

Re: IE7 problems
Flash v10.x is working fine here so I doubt MS has anything to do with your
problems.

See this discussion for some suggestions:
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=27892
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ACC wrote:
> Tried that, installed 3 different versions of 9.x in sequence, same
> result,
> 'a later version of flash player is required'
>
> Gave up, downloaded Firefox, no problems, flash sites and radio streams
> work
> perfectly.
>
> Great advert for MS.

>> Not all SWF files will work in Flash Player v10.x. Uninstall it then
>> install v9.x. In a few weeks, Adobe sez a security update for v9.x will
>> be released to cover the vulnerabilities addressed by v10.x.
>>
>> ACC wrote:
>>> I have Vista Business SP1 + IE7 both fully patched, and (since last
>>> week)
>>> get two problems.
>>>
>>> 1: when I go to a site that calls FlashPlayer I get a message that tells
>>> me
>>> I need a later version of Flashplayer - I have v10.0.12.36 - and will
>>> not
>>> play shockwave/flash content.
>>>
>>> 2: when I launch a live radio feed IE faults (Internet Explorer has
>>> stopped
>>> working) and restarts.
>>>
>>> As I do not have these problems with my XPPro/IE7 box, and didn't a
>>> couple
>>> of weeks ago on the Vista box, I suspect a Microsoft update.
>>>
>>> Any ideas anyone, please

ACC

Re: IE7 problems
On further investigation, I think the problem may be with the web sites that
I am trying to access.

Will keep trying and monitoring, both with IE and FFox, and if I identify
the problem, I'll post my findings here.