Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?

Junto

Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?
I need a sanity check...
I'm having a problem with accessing the Contact Manager within Office Live
Small Business (OLSB) in that my IEv7 (7.0.5730.11) crashes whenever I click
on that button. It appears to only happen when accessing this application.
Support at OLSB tell me I need to reload a fresh IEv7 and/or repair XP/SP3.
I'm attempting to follow the directions to remove IEv7 via the "Add or
Remove" listing but although IEv7 is listed as "currently installed", it does
not have a "REMOVE" button to allow me to do so.
I have attempted to repair IEv7, disabled all the add-ons, rebooted, but
still can't get OLSB Contact Mgr to work. I'm willing to do a complete
re-install, but can't uninstall what I have.

Sanity check:
Is it possible that IEv7 can be so stable everywhere else and only affect a
part of one application?
How do I get my Remove button back?

Thanks.
Junto
williamtell

RE: Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?
Suggestion, uninstall sp3 then ie7

Good luck!
--
WT

"Junto" wrote:

> I need a sanity check...
> I'm having a problem with accessing the Contact Manager within Office Live
> Small Business (OLSB) in that my IEv7 (7.0.5730.11) crashes whenever I click
> on that button. It appears to only happen when accessing this application.
> Support at OLSB tell me I need to reload a fresh IEv7 and/or repair XP/SP3.
> I'm attempting to follow the directions to remove IEv7 via the "Add or
> Remove" listing but although IEv7 is listed as "currently installed", it does
> not have a "REMOVE" button to allow me to do so.
> I have attempted to repair IEv7, disabled all the add-ons, rebooted, but
> still can't get OLSB Contact Mgr to work. I'm willing to do a complete
> re-install, but can't uninstall what I have.
>
> Sanity check:
> Is it possible that IEv7 can be so stable everywhere else and only affect a
> part of one application?
> How do I get my Remove button back?
>
> Thanks.
> Junto

*Laughingstar*

Re: Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?
Is sp3 our problem??
sheesh. It's going too then.

williamtell wrote:
> Suggestion, uninstall sp3 then ie7
>
> Good luck!
>
>> I need a sanity check...
>> I'm having a problem with accessing the Contact Manager within
>> Office Live Small Business (OLSB) in that my IEv7 (7.0.5730.11)
>> crashes whenever I click on that button. It appears to only happen
>> when accessing this application. Support at OLSB tell me I need to
>> reload a fresh IEv7 and/or repair XP/SP3. I'm attempting to follow
>> the directions to remove IEv7 via the "Add or Remove" listing but
>> although IEv7 is listed as "currently installed", it does not have a
>> "REMOVE" button to allow me to do so.
>> I have attempted to repair IEv7, disabled all the add-ons, rebooted,
>> but still can't get OLSB Contact Mgr to work. I'm willing to do a
>> complete re-install, but can't uninstall what I have.
>>
>> Sanity check:
>> Is it possible that IEv7 can be so stable everywhere else and only
>> affect a part of one application?
>> How do I get my Remove button back?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Junto

williamtell

Re: Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?
Perhaps, if sp3 was installed ahead of ie7.
--
WT

"*Laughingstar*" wrote:

> Is sp3 our problem??
> sheesh. It's going too then.
>
> williamtell wrote:
> > Suggestion, uninstall sp3 then ie7
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> >> I need a sanity check...
> >> I'm having a problem with accessing the Contact Manager within
> >> Office Live Small Business (OLSB) in that my IEv7 (7.0.5730.11)
> >> crashes whenever I click on that button. It appears to only happen
> >> when accessing this application. Support at OLSB tell me I need to
> >> reload a fresh IEv7 and/or repair XP/SP3. I'm attempting to follow
> >> the directions to remove IEv7 via the "Add or Remove" listing but
> >> although IEv7 is listed as "currently installed", it does not have a
> >> "REMOVE" button to allow me to do so.
> >> I have attempted to repair IEv7, disabled all the add-ons, rebooted,
> >> but still can't get OLSB Contact Mgr to work. I'm willing to do a
> >> complete re-install, but can't uninstall what I have.
> >>
> >> Sanity check:
> >> Is it possible that IEv7 can be so stable everywhere else and only
> >> affect a part of one application?
> >> How do I get my Remove button back?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >> Junto

williamtell

Re: Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?
Correction, reverse that, sorry.
--
WT

"williamtell" wrote:

> Perhaps, if sp3 was installed ahead of ie7.
> --
> WT
>

> "*Laughingstar*" wrote:
>
> > Is sp3 our problem??
> > sheesh. It's going too then.
> >
> > williamtell wrote:
> > > Suggestion, uninstall sp3 then ie7
> > >
> > > Good luck!

Re: Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?
Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? See...

IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3

However, I'd very much doubt uninstalling IE7 would correct your problem,
Junto:

=> Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
or

2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

=> Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Junto wrote:
> I need a sanity check...
> I'm having a problem with accessing the Contact Manager within Office Live
> Small Business (OLSB) in that my IEv7 (7.0.5730.11) crashes whenever I
> click
> on that button. It appears to only happen when accessing this
> application.
> Support at OLSB tell me I need to reload a fresh IEv7 and/or repair
> XP/SP3.
> I'm attempting to follow the directions to remove IEv7 via the "Add or
> Remove" listing but although IEv7 is listed as "currently installed", it
> does not have a "REMOVE" button to allow me to do so.
> I have attempted to repair IEv7, disabled all the add-ons, rebooted, but
> still can't get OLSB Contact Mgr to work. I'm willing to do a complete
> re-install, but can't uninstall what I have.
>
> Sanity check:
> Is it possible that IEv7 can be so stable everywhere else and only affect
> part of one application?
> How do I get my Remove button back?
>
> Thanks.
> Junto

Junto

RE: Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?
Oh Boy... Did I learn a lot tonight...

The info from PA Bear was great. It clarified as to why I didn't have a
Remove button... I just wish I hadn't been so darn impatient. Had I waited
and read the input FIRST, then I probably wouldn't have tried to load another
copy of XP/SP3 and IEv7 on top of what I already had installed. It left my
PC pretty unstable.
However, I did manage to remove XP/SP3, then IEv7, then reinstall SP3, then
reinstall IEv7, rebooting a half dozen times along the way. I now have my
Remove button back.

Prior to almost royally screwing up my PC, I removed the last software I
loaded on my PC (Expression Web) and I was able to access the Contact Manager
in OLSB. I'm relatively happy now and have a profound gratitude for those of
you who contribute to this discussion group.

Many thanks.

Junto

Re: Cannot Uninstall IEv7... Where did REMOVE go?
YW, Junto, and thanks for your feedback.