RE: IE 7.0 problem with deleting individual web entry

kwaichang

RE: IE 7.0 problem with deleting individual web entry
I too have a problem with a favorite listing. The listing is a folder
entitled "Links" and I'm not aware of ever putting it there, plus it is
empty. I've deleted it from the favorites over a hundred times since Jan 08
but it comes back every time I start IE 7.06. Worse, I've even tried a safe
mode boot up to delete it there but the results remain the same.
HELP would be appreciated as it's an annoying problem.

"EXCEL FINANCIAL" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I regularly visit this site www.calcuttaweb.com. In the past I have
> mistakenly typed this as www.calcuttawb.com which returns a bunch of search
> results. Now I want to delete the wrong entry so that it doesnt show up in
> the address bar when I type in www.cal -
>
> Now, I know that IE 7.0 gives the facility whereby I can delete my entire
> search history or website visits or individually delete cookies for website
> visits thru /tools/internet options/general/settings/view files.
>
> I cant seem to locate any cookie for this entry "www.calcuttawb.com" which I
> want to delete. Please help. Thanks, Debanjan

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"kwaichang" <kwaichang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I too have a problem with a favorite listing. The listing is a folder
> entitled "Links" and I'm not aware of ever putting it there, plus it is
> empty. I've deleted it from the favorites over a hundred times since Jan
> 08
> but it comes back every time I start IE 7.06. Worse, I've even tried a
> safe
> mode boot up to delete it there but the results remain the same.
> HELP would be appreciated as it's an annoying problem.

That is the folder where the links on the Links bar are stored. IE will
replace it if you delete it. If you just don't want to see it, change its
attributes to hidden.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

kwaichang

Re: IE 7.0 problem with deleting individual web entry
2000hrs Sunday
Unfortunately, I did not list that but I've done it too and the folder still
shows up under "favorites".
Thanks for the try though.