DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!

chellenc68

DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!
I have been getting alot of errors when I try to visit any website that I had
visited a few minutes before. It is not one particular site, Its any.... I
can log on to msn and check my emails then go to another site but when I
return to msn I get a DNS error, webite can not be found.... this morning it
was a 404 error... Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!!! I also get the
page downloaded but with errors and the little yellow triangle and the ! in
the middle of it.... Is this fixable? Thanks!!!
--
chellenc68

Re: DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!
Any website or just an msn.com website?

Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup, please.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

chellenc68 wrote:
> I have been getting alot of errors when I try to visit any website that I
> had visited a few minutes before. It is not one particular site, Its
> any.... I can log on to msn and check my emails then go to another site
> but
> when I return to msn I get a DNS error, webite can not be found.... this
> morning it was a 404 error... Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!!! I
> also get the page downloaded but with errors and the little yellow
> triangle
> and the ! in the middle of it.... Is this fixable? Thanks!!!

chellenc68

Re: DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!
sorry..... any site..... xp sp3.......when i try to go to any site i get
error messages.. like i tried to reply to this and when i tried to post it i
got sent to urlsleek.... site cant be found....
--
chellenc68

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Any website or just an msn.com website?
>
> Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup, please.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> chellenc68 wrote:
> > I have been getting alot of errors when I try to visit any website that I
> > had visited a few minutes before. It is not one particular site, Its
> > any.... I can log on to msn and check my emails then go to another site
> > but
> > when I return to msn I get a DNS error, webite can not be found.... this
> > morning it was a 404 error... Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!!! I
> > also get the page downloaded but with errors and the little yellow
> > triangle
> > and the ! in the middle of it.... Is this fixable? Thanks!!!

vea_ste

Re: DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!
I have the same thing going on on my computer. P4, 3.2 gh, xp home, sp3, IE
7. I am looking forward to solution. On mine it is not constant. Surf fine
for a while then all of sudden I get 404 or 407, and then errors are evertime
I search. I can often still go "back" and get to previous site, but going
forward does not work.

"chellenc68" wrote:

> sorry..... any site..... xp sp3.......when i try to go to any site i get
> error messages.. like i tried to reply to this and when i tried to post it i
> got sent to urlsleek.... site cant be found....
> --
> chellenc68
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Any website or just an msn.com website?
> >
> > Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> > Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup, please.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > chellenc68 wrote:
> > > I have been getting alot of errors when I try to visit any website that I
> > > had visited a few minutes before. It is not one particular site, Its
> > > any.... I can log on to msn and check my emails then go to another site
> > > but
> > > when I return to msn I get a DNS error, webite can not be found.... this
> > > morning it was a 404 error... Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!!! I
> > > also get the page downloaded but with errors and the little yellow
> > > triangle
> > > and the ! in the middle of it.... Is this fixable? Thanks!!!

Re: DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!
We still need to know your IE version.

If this is a sudden, new problem, when did it start? What changes may you
have made to your system just before it started (e.g., new hardward;
installed/uninstalled one or more application; installed updates, including
WinXP SP3)?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

chellenc68 wrote:
> sorry..... any site..... xp sp3.......when i try to go to any site i get
> error messages.. like i tried to reply to this and when i tried to post it
> got sent to urlsleek.... site cant be found....
>
>> Any website or just an msn.com website?
>>
>> Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
>> Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup, please.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> chellenc68 wrote:
>>> I have been getting alot of errors when I try to visit any website that
>>> had visited a few minutes before. It is not one particular site, Its
>>> any.... I can log on to msn and check my emails then go to another site
>>> but
>>> when I return to msn I get a DNS error, webite can not be found.... this
>>> morning it was a 404 error... Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!!! I
>>> also get the page downloaded but with errors and the little yellow
>>> triangle
>>> and the ! in the middle of it.... Is this fixable? Thanks!!!

Re: DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!
You are welcome to begin your own thread about your problem, please.

vea_ste wrote:
> I have the same thing going on on my computer. P4, 3.2 gh, xp home, sp3,
> IE
> 7. I am looking forward to solution. On mine it is not constant. Surf
> fine for a while then all of sudden I get 404 or 407, and then errors are
> evertime I search. I can often still go "back" and get to previous site,
> but going forward does not work.

chellenc68

Re: DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!
ie 7..... my hubby had to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall everything
due to a virus that would not allow me to do anything........ no new
hardware... i have the full version of avg.. the firewall is avg and i have
malwarebytes anti-malware installed....
--
chellenc68

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> We still need to know your IE version.
>
> If this is a sudden, new problem, when did it start? What changes may you
> have made to your system just before it started (e.g., new hardward;
> installed/uninstalled one or more application; installed updates, including
> WinXP SP3)?

> What third-party firewall (if any)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> chellenc68 wrote:
> > sorry..... any site..... xp sp3.......when i try to go to any site i get
> > error messages.. like i tried to reply to this and when i tried to post it
> > got sent to urlsleek.... site cant be found....
> >
> >> Any website or just an msn.com website?
> >>
> >> Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> >> Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup, please.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: DNS errors...404 errors.... ERRORS!!!
[X-post to WU NG]

> ...i have the full version of avg.. the firewall is avg

1. See "1561: Inactive components and/or blocked internet connection after
update to 8.0.196" here: http://www.avg.com/support

2. IMPORTANT! => Please confirm that the following are listed in Add/Remove
Programs (make sure the SHOW UPDATES box is checked at top right):

• Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB956390)

• Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)