Shortcut to page in password protected site

DocZ

Shortcut to page in password protected site
Hello,

I am trying to create a desktop shortcut to a "members calendar" page in a
password protected site. The shortcut works fine until I log out and then if
I use the shortcut next time I log on, it goes to the login page.

I am trying to figure out a way that out members can easliy get to the
calendar without all the log-in steps. The calendar is dynamic, so saving the
htm will not solve the problem.

Any suggestions or is it impossible? Is there some sort of macro or backdoor
way to create this shortcut?

Thanks!
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Shortcut to page in password protected site

"DocZ" <DocZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3018317D-C033-4280-B086-E5A495028046@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create a desktop shortcut to a "members calendar" page in a
> password protected site. The shortcut works fine until I log out and then if
> I use the shortcut next time I log on, it goes to the login page.
>
> I am trying to figure out a way that out members can easliy get to the
> calendar without all the log-in steps. The calendar is dynamic, so saving the
> htm will not solve the problem.
>

> Any suggestions or is it impossible? Is there some sort of macro or backdoor
> way to create this shortcut?

What's wrong with having to authenticate first?
Does your link result in the calendar being opened
after authentication?

> Thanks!

DocZ