i'm trying to distribute my music to be downloaded. why cant it?

beth

i'm trying to distribute my music to be downloaded. why cant it?
my friends and i have started a band together. i tried uploading our music to
the internet to get our band heard, but they told me that when they tried to
download it, the link automatically plays in windows media player and gives
no option of saving. when i tried it, the same thing happened to me. Why is
no dialog box showing up?
i can't use the save target as...option as the site i have uploaded it to
percentage encodes the links.
i'm finding it really hard to get my music distributed and heard.
VanguardLH

Re: i'm trying to distribute my music to be downloaded. why cant it?
beth wrote:

> my friends and i have started a band together. i tried uploading our music to
> the internet to get our band heard, but they told me that when they tried to
> download it, the link automatically plays in windows media player and gives
> no option of saving. when i tried it, the same thing happened to me. Why is
> no dialog box showing up?
> i can't use the save target as...option as the site i have uploaded it to
> percentage encodes the links.
> i'm finding it really hard to get my music distributed and heard.

Then use a different site where you can save FILES rather than having
the site stream the content to you, and a site that gives URL links to
the files rather than to some server-side script to retrieve them.

Vagueness begets vagueness. Don't expect detailed replies from a vague
post.
OldSopPlaya

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> beth wrote:
>
> > my friends and i have started a band together. i tried uploading our music to
> > the internet to get our band heard, but they told me that when they tried to
> > download it, the link automatically plays in windows media player and gives
> > no option of saving. when i tried it, the same thing happened to me. Why is
> > no dialog box showing up?
> > i can't use the save target as...option as the site i have uploaded it to
> > percentage encodes the links.
> > i'm finding it really hard to get my music distributed and heard.

> Then use a different site where you can save FILES rather than having
> the site stream the content to you, and a site that gives URL links to
> the files rather than to some server-side script to retrieve them.
>
> Vagueness begets vagueness. Don't expect detailed replies from a vague
> post.

Internet browsers can have settings that give an option as to what happens
when you click on the music: it can give an option to play the music or
download it automatically. It also can be set so you have a choice as to
whether you wish it to be downloaded or listened to. Check your browser
settings.

You also might try which finger is used to click on the file, the left
frequently going straight to playing the music and the right giving an option
to save the recording to disk.