Creating a combined bookmark list

Arnwulf

Creating a combined bookmark list
Project: create a bookmark list that various safety and health professionals
can download/import into their browser (IE 6.0, 7.0, and others).

Am attempting to gather lots of "favorites" from different professionals,
then combine into one master list. The list would be formatted so it could
be downloaded from a website, and into each person's computer into their
"Favorites" list. They would use that "Favorites" list on their browser in
their computer, to research various items for their jobs.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge about doing this? Would you please
help us with this task?

Thank you

Dennis K. Jacobs

--
Through your mind, you can survive. Only through your heart, can you live.
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Creating a combined bookmark list
"Arnwulf" <Arnwulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Project: create a bookmark list that various safety and health
> professionals
> can download/import into their browser (IE 6.0, 7.0, and others).
>
> Am attempting to gather lots of "favorites" from different professionals,
> then combine into one master list. The list would be formatted so it
> could
> be downloaded from a website, and into each person's computer into their
> "Favorites" list. They would use that "Favorites" list on their browser
> in
> their computer, to research various items for their jobs.
>
> Does anyone have experience or knowledge about doing this? Would you
> please
> help us with this task?

Have you looked at File (Alt-A) | Import and Export.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Arnwulf

Re: Creating a combined bookmark list
Thanks for the reply. I am gathering the website addresses from various
sources and will have them as URLs. I anticipate over 1000 URLs being
accumulated. Want to find an easier way to create the importable bookmark,
than manually entering each one and create a bookmark list in that manner.

I know that a "bookmark.htm" file can be printed. I assume that I can
create a similar layout in MS Word, save itand then reverse the process and
upload it...

How does one perform this reverse process? If it can be done that way?

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Arnwulf" <Arnwulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Project: create a bookmark list that various safety and health
>> professionals
>> can download/import into their browser (IE 6.0, 7.0, and others).
>>
>> Am attempting to gather lots of "favorites" from different professionals,
>> then combine into one master list. The list would be formatted so it
>> could
>> be downloaded from a website, and into each person's computer into their
>> "Favorites" list. They would use that "Favorites" list on their browser
>> in
>> their computer, to research various items for their jobs.
>>
>> Does anyone have experience or knowledge about doing this? Would you
>> please
>> help us with this task?

> Have you looked at File (Alt-A) | Import and Export.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

File is Alt-F, not Alt-A

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Creating a combined bookmark list
If one creates and saves the file properly, IE's File | Import and Export

> Thanks for the reply. I am gathering the website addresses from various
> sources and will have them as URLs. I anticipate over 1000 URLs being
> accumulated. Want to find an easier way to create the importable
> bookmark,
> than manually entering each one and create a bookmark list in that
> manner.
>
> I know that a "bookmark.htm" file can be printed. I assume that I can
> create a similar layout in MS Word, save itand then reverse the process
> and
> upload it...
>
> How does one perform this reverse process? If it can be done that way?
>
>> "Arnwulf" <Arnwulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Project: create a bookmark list that various safety and health
>> > professionals
>> > can download/import into their browser (IE 6.0, 7.0, and others).
>> >
>> > Am attempting to gather lots of "favorites" from different
>> > professionals,
>> > then combine into one master list. The list would be formatted so it
>> > could
>> > be downloaded from a website, and into each person's computer into
>> > their
>> > "Favorites" list. They would use that "Favorites" list on their
>> > browser
>> > in
>> > their computer, to research various items for their jobs.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have experience or knowledge about doing this? Would you
>> > please
>> > help us with this task?

>> Have you looked at File (Alt-A) | Import and Export.

Arnwulf

Re: Creating a combined bookmark list
Thanks, Frank, for the response...

Can you clarify and expand on how "...one creates and saves the file
properly"?

--
Through your mind, you can survive. Only through your heart can you live.

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> If one creates and saves the file properly, IE's File | Import and Export
>
> "Arnwulf" <Arnwulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply. I am gathering the website addresses from various
> > sources and will have them as URLs. I anticipate over 1000 URLs being
> > accumulated. Want to find an easier way to create the importable
> > bookmark,
> > than manually entering each one and create a bookmark list in that
> > manner.
> >
> > I know that a "bookmark.htm" file can be printed. I assume that I can
> > create a similar layout in MS Word, save itand then reverse the process
> > and
> > upload it...
> >
> > How does one perform this reverse process? If it can be done that way?
> >
> >> "Arnwulf" <Arnwulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Have you looked at File (Alt-A) | Import and Export.

Arnwulf

Re: Creating a combined bookmark list
Frank,

In follow-up to my earlier reply, can you recommend sources where I can
search and find the information that I seek so I can "create and save the
file properly?
--
Through your mind, you can survive. Only through your heart can you live.

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> If one creates and saves the file properly, IE's File | Import and Export
>
> "Arnwulf" <Arnwulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply. I am gathering the website addresses from various
> > sources and will have them as URLs. I anticipate over 1000 URLs being
> > accumulated. Want to find an easier way to create the importable
> > bookmark,
> > than manually entering each one and create a bookmark list in that
> > manner.
> >
> > I know that a "bookmark.htm" file can be printed. I assume that I can
> > create a similar layout in MS Word, save itand then reverse the process
> > and
> > upload it...
> >
> > How does one perform this reverse process? If it can be done that way?
> >
> >> "Arnwulf" <Arnwulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Have you looked at File (Alt-A) | Import and Export.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Creating a combined bookmark list
Export your own favorites and examine the file with Notepad. Then use
Notepad to create the new one.

> Thanks, Frank, for the response...
>
> Can you clarify and expand on how "...one creates and saves the file
> properly"?
>
> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:
>
>> If one creates and saves the file properly, IE's File | Import and
>> Export
>>
>> "Arnwulf" <Arnwulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the reply. I am gathering the website addresses from
>> > various
>> > sources and will have them as URLs. I anticipate over 1000 URLs being
>> > accumulated. Want to find an easier way to create the importable
>> > bookmark,
>> > than manually entering each one and create a bookmark list in that
>> > manner.
>> >
>> > I know that a "bookmark.htm" file can be printed. I assume that I can
>> > create a similar layout in MS Word, save itand then reverse the process
>> > and
>> > upload it...
>> >
>> > How does one perform this reverse process? If it can be done that way?

Arnwulf

Re: Creating a combined bookmark list
Thanks Frank. Have done as you suggested... Opened, have modified, and
saved.

It is now read by IE.

Thank you for your help!

Dennis