Help

Rena

Help
I have Vista and have recently downloaded Microsoft Office. Whenever opening
any Microsoft Office document or Internet Explorer I receive this message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Exlorer\iexplore.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration
is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

How do I fix this problem?

Re: Help
[X-post to Outlook Installation newsgroup for wider exposure]

From where did you "download" MS Office and what version of Office is it?
Is it a trial-version? Is or was another version of MS Office installed on
the machine?

Related discussion from earlier this month:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...baf99c3add0036
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Rena wrote:
> I have Vista and have recently downloaded Microsoft Office. Whenever
> opening
> any Microsoft Office document or Internet Explorer I receive this message:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Exlorer\iexplore.exe
>
> The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration
> is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.
>

> How do I fix this problem?

Rena

Re: Help
I installed it from a disc. It is Office Professional 2007.

It is not a trial-version, however a trial-version was installed before.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [X-post to Outlook Installation newsgroup for wider exposure]
>
> From where did you "download" MS Office and what version of Office is it?
> Is it a trial-version? Is or was another version of MS Office installed on
> the machine?
>
> Related discussion from earlier this month:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...baf99c3add0036
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Rena wrote:
> > I have Vista and have recently downloaded Microsoft Office. Whenever
> > opening
> > any Microsoft Office document or Internet Explorer I receive this message:
> >
> > C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Exlorer\iexplore.exe
> >
> > The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration
> > is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.
> >

> > How do I fix this problem?

Re: Help
And did you uninstall the trial version before installing the full (retail)
version?

Rena wrote:
> I installed it from a disc. It is Office Professional 2007.
>
> It is not a trial-version, however a trial-version was installed before.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [X-post to Outlook Installation newsgroup for wider exposure]
>>
>> From where did you "download" MS Office and what version of Office is it?
>> Is it a trial-version? Is or was another version of MS Office installed
>> on
>> the machine?
>>
>> Related discussion from earlier this month:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...baf99c3add0036
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Rena wrote:
>>> I have Vista and have recently downloaded Microsoft Office. Whenever
>>> opening
>>> any Microsoft Office document or Internet Explorer I receive this
>>> message:
>>>
>>> C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Exlorer\iexplore.exe
>>>
>>> The application has failed to start because its side-by-side
>>> configuration
>>> is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.
>>>

>>> How do I fix this problem?

Rena

Re: Help
No, I didn't. Should I uninstall and redo?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> And did you uninstall the trial version before installing the full (retail)
> version?
>
> Rena wrote:
> > I installed it from a disc. It is Office Professional 2007.
> >
> > It is not a trial-version, however a trial-version was installed before.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> [X-post to Outlook Installation newsgroup for wider exposure]
> >>
> >> From where did you "download" MS Office and what version of Office is it?
> >> Is it a trial-version? Is or was another version of MS Office installed
> >> on
> >> the machine?
> >>
> >> Related discussion from earlier this month:
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...baf99c3add0036
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/