Re: Can I move the address bar down and file menu up in ie7?

Dory

Re: Can I move the address bar down and file menu up in ie7?
Viktor,

I don't think your solution is very helpful as it's yet one more download
while this could have all been provided by the browser itself, just like it
was before in IE 6. I do like the look of IE 7 but find it very restrictive
and will probably go back to IE 6 if I figure out how.

"Viktor Krammer" wrote:

> Hello xphile,
>
> You can also use the Quero Launcher, a command-line utility for IE7 to
> customize the appearance of the IE window:
>
> http://www.quero.at/launcher.php
>
> qlaunch.exe itbar7position=1 open
>
> Viktor

Don Varnau

Re: Can I move the address bar down and file menu up in ie7?
Hi,
Original thread- Dec 2006:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fd6f530b117d8a

See:
927177- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

Moving the Menu Bar above the Address Bar is very easy with the REG file at
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Dory" <Dory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Viktor,
>
> I don't think your solution is very helpful as it's yet one more download
> while this could have all been provided by the browser itself, just like

it
> was before in IE 6. I do like the look of IE 7 but find it very

restrictive
> and will probably go back to IE 6 if I figure out how.
>

> "Viktor Krammer" wrote:
>
> > Hello xphile,
> >
> > You can also use the Quero Launcher, a command-line utility for IE7 to
> > customize the appearance of the IE window:
> >
> > http://www.quero.at/launcher.php
> >
> > qlaunch.exe itbar7position=1 open
> >
> > Viktor

bobster

Re: Can I move the address bar down and file menu up in ie7?
Dory,

I can guarantee that if you use Viktor's Quero toolbar and follow his and
Don Varnau's recommendations you will have an IE7 with tabbed browsing that
has everything that IE6 has and more. I have been using this combination
for about 6 months and would NEVER go back to IE6. I have everything I need
at the top of my page in 2 lines including tabs. The flexibility of moving
things around to suit your personal taste is remarkable. My personal
preference is to have the menu bar suppressed but I can get it back with one
stroke of the "Alt key". Searching is so simple I can hardly believe it. I
merely start typing my search item and it appears in the search/address
window and with a click of the enter button, voila, I have the answer from
my chosen (there are many choices) search engine. And, if you decide you
don't like Quero, you can one-click de-select it and go back to standard IE7
configuration, and if you really don't like it (which I doubt), it comes
with an uninstaller. It has had zero effect on the stability or reliability
of my XP Intel based computer.

Now, let me say this. I have NO connection with Viktor Kammer except to be
a highly satisfied user of Quero. It provides the simplest, most
uncluttered browser configuration I've ever used without all the baggage of
multiple toolbars like Google, Yahoo, etc.

"Viktor Krammer" wrote:

> Hello xphile,
>
> You can also use the Quero Launcher, a command-line utility for IE7 to
> customize the appearance of the IE window:
>
> http://www.quero.at/launcher.php
>
> qlaunch.exe itbar7position=1 open
>
> Viktor

bobster

Re: Can I move the address bar down and file menu up in ie7?
Dory,

Here's what my header looks like

"Viktor Krammer" wrote:

> Hello xphile,
>
> You can also use the Quero Launcher, a command-line utility for IE7 to
> customize the appearance of the IE window:
>
> http://www.quero.at/launcher.php
>
> qlaunch.exe itbar7position=1 open
>
> Viktor

+Bob+

Re: Can I move the address bar down and file menu up in ie7?
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:30:35 -0500, "Don Varnau"
<don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote:

>Hi,
>Original thread- Dec 2006:
>http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fd6f530b117d8a
>
>See:
>927177- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7:
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
>
>Moving the Menu Bar above the Address Bar is very easy with the REG file at
>http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp

Tagging along on the thread... Excellent! Thanks, Don
ju.c

Re: Can I move the address bar down and file menu up in ie7?
I'll never understand why people give links to such simple
tips as this, but any way, here it is:

1. Copy below and paste into Notepad.

----------copy inside only----------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"ITBar7Position"=dword:00000001

----------copy inside only----------

2. Save-as IE_Menu_Bar_On_Top.reg (or any name + .reg)

3. Double-click or right-click and merge into the registry.

ju.c

"Dory" <Dory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC9A43D1-C194-43D6-9A90-F905BAD94884@microsoft.com...
> Viktor,
>
> I don't think your solution is very helpful as it's yet one more download
> while this could have all been provided by the browser itself, just like it
> was before in IE 6. I do like the look of IE 7 but find it very restrictive
> and will probably go back to IE 6 if I figure out how.
>

> "Viktor Krammer" wrote:
>
>> Hello xphile,
>>
>> You can also use the Quero Launcher, a command-line utility for IE7 to
>> customize the appearance of the IE window:
>>
>> http://www.quero.at/launcher.php
>>
>> qlaunch.exe itbar7position=1 open
>>
>> Viktor

Don Varnau

Re: Can I move the address bar down and file menu up in ie7?
Hi,

> I'll never understand why people give links to such simple
> tips as this, but any way, here it is:

1. Because there's much more at www.enhanceie.com which may be useful for
users willing to explore the site.
2. It's easier and safer for many users to click on a link to a REG file,
download and merge than to create a REG file via copy, paste, rename.
There's also an UNDO file at http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp

Don
[MS MVP- IE]