Cannot display pay after install/deinstall

M Mordkovych

Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
Hi!

After installing/removing some unfunctional software I cannot acess internet
from this machine/ Internet connection is ok, other computers on LAN can
access internet. Please help!

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
IE version?

(if any)?

What software had you installed and then uninstalled?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

M Mordkovych wrote:
> After installing/removing some unfunctional software I cannot acess
> internet
> from this machine/ Internet connection is ok, other computers on LAN can
> access internet. Please help!

M Mordkovych

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
Hi!

>> IE version?

IE7

> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed?

AVG anti-virus

>> What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?

None

>> What third-party firewall > (if any)?

None

>> What software had you installed and then uninstalled?

Unfortunately dont have the name. Some sort of downloader from electronic
library. It didnt work

Regards

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

M Mordkovych wrote:
>> IE version?

> IE7
>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed?

> AVG anti-virus
>
>>> What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?

> None
>
>>> What third-party firewall > (if any)?

> None
>
>>> What software had you installed and then uninstalled?

> Unfortunately dont have the name. Some sort of downloader from electronic
> library. It didnt work

<paste>
M Mordkovych wrote:
> After installing/removing some unfunctional software I cannot acess
> internet
> from this machine/ Internet connection is ok, other computers on LAN can
> access internet. Please help!

M Mordkovych

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
One more observation : I do able to open https sites

M Mordkovych

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
Hi!

After the test it seems not be the case of any hijack soft. It seems
something else is broken.
How can I repair the IE?

PS

Connection is fine

> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
> log to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
> (in conjunction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for
> review by an expert in such matters, not here.**
>
> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> M Mordkovych wrote:
>>> IE version?

>> IE7
>>
>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed?

>> AVG anti-virus

>> None

>> None

>> Unfortunately dont have the name. Some sort of downloader from electronic
>> library. It didnt work

> <paste>
> M Mordkovych wrote:
>> After installing/removing some unfunctional software I cannot acess
>> internet
>> from this machine/ Internet connection is ok, other computers on LAN can
>> access internet. Please help!

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
Please cite a link to the forum thread where you've posted your HijackThis
log for review by an expert in such matters.

Also state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) and tell
us if the machine is fully patched at Windows Update.

M Mordkovych wrote:
> After the test it seems not be the case of any hijack soft. It seems
> something else is broken.
> How can I repair the IE?
>
> Connection is fine
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote
>> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of
>> previous
>> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.
>>
>> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>>
>> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
>> log to an appropriate forum.
>>
>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
>> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
>> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
>>
>> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
>> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
>> (in conjunction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
>> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
>> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for
>> review by an expert in such matters, not here.**
>>
>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair
>> shop.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

>>> IE7

>>> AVG anti-virus

>>> None

>>> None

>>> Unfortunately dont have the name. Some sort of downloader from
>>> electronic
>>> library. It didnt work

>> <paste>
>> M Mordkovych wrote:
>>> After installing/removing some unfunctional software I cannot acess
>>> internet
>>> from this machine/ Internet connection is ok, other computers on LAN
>>> can
>>> access internet. Please help!

M Mordkovych

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
Hi!

It's in forum http://auhnma.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36654

Windows version XP Professionsl fully updated (SP3)

>>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
>>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
>>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm

>>> http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
>>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for
>>> review by an expert in such matters, not here.**
>>>
>>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>>> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
>>> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair
>>> shop.
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

>>> <paste>

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
1. Uninstall the following applications via Add/Remove Programs and reboot:
ProcessGuard; AdKiller; 4NT8; and MpcStar.

2. Manually update AVG 8 then confirm that the AVG 8 User Interface displays
Virus DB 270.9.8/1800 or higher and AVG version 8.0.175 or higher. If you
can't manually update AVG 8, STOP here and seek support in AVG Free Forum:
http://freeforum.avg.com/list.php?12

3. If problems persist, the paid version of Prevx CSI
(http://www.prevx.com/products.asp) should remove any hijackware on the
machine (the free scan will NOT); otherwise, cut your losses and do a format
& clean install of Windows. A Repair Install will NOT help.

Benefits & Risks of P2P File Sharing
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/you...lesharing.mspx

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?

M Mordkovych wrote:
> It's in forum [http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36654]
>
> Windows version XP Professionsl fully updated (SP3)

>> Please cite a link to the forum thread where you've posted your
>> HijackThis
>> log for review by an expert in such matters.
>>
>> Also state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) and
>> tell
>> us if the machine is fully patched at Windows Update.
>>
>> M Mordkovych wrote:
>>> After the test it seems not be the case of any hijack soft. It seems
>>> something else is broken.
>>> How can I repair the IE?
>>>
>>> Connection is fine
>>>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote

M Mordkovych

Re: Cannot display pay after install/deinstall
Hi!

Can you please elaborate why should I unistall these 4 programs? All 4
worked just fine a while before this problem occured.
Also : can I install them back after the problem fixed?