IE7 problem using search engines

MGNutter

IE7 problem using search engines
Hi I hope someone can help.
I am having a strange problem with IE7. when i boot the computer and first
use IE7 all works fine, google, live search ect. when i the go into ebay and
search on there it returns the error "internet explorer cannot display the
web page". If I then try to use any search engine including google Yahoo &
live search they then also return the same error, but all other websites work
fine & display ok. The same error happens if you try & search from the tool
bar as well. If i then re-boot the computer and go into IE7 everything works
fine, all search engines load & run ok, but if I then go back into eBay &
search the error's start again. This problem only started a couple of days
ago, and before that all worked fine.
I have uninstalled IE7 back to IE6 and and the same problem still occurs. I
have re-installed IE7, disabled all add ons, and even tried a different
broadband connection on a differant line, but with no joy.
I am running XP home SP3, IE7 and McAfee. I have not installed any new
software recently to cause this.
Any help & suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dave.

Re: IE7 problem using search engines
1. Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?

2. If you uninstall (a) IE7 *exactly* per the link below (which
automatically returns you to IE6), (b) all toolbars and (c) all third-party
Windows Themes (including Window Blinds) and do NOT reinstall IE7, does this
behavior persist?

NB: If it does, do NOT reinstall IE7.

Uninstalling IE7
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
[Only use the Command %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot
uninstall via Add/Remove Programs! Ignore any references to Vista on the
above page. It's safe to ignore any "such and such may not work" warnings.
Ignore any references to Vista on the webpage.]

Also see:

IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

3. Assuming IE6 does not have these problems (other than opening a link in a
new tab, which will not be available), the follow is required reading IMHO
before reinstalling IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP

I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Or use this Download link:
(Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.)

4. Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
reinstalling IE7 to install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Software Updates category offers Root Certificates update, opt to install it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/