Error on page

Alberto & Silvia

Error on page
Hello,roughly every 10 minutes I get a pop up message,an error in IE7 that
reads:

"Error in the script of IE,Line 2,Character 30610.Do you want to
continue:Yes or Not"

Is there any way to track down the cause of this message?,I put a check mark
in Disable script debugging in Internet Options,Advanced,but no change.

Thanks

Alberto
Windows Vista Premium

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Error on page
"Alberto & Silvia" <graber@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hello,roughly every 10 minutes I get a pop up message,an error in IE7 that
> reads:
>
> "Error in the script of IE,Line 2,Character 30610.Do you want to
> continue:Yes or Not"
>
> Is there any way to track down the cause of this message?,I put a check
> mark
> in Disable script debugging in Internet Options,Advanced,but no change.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alberto
> Windows Vista Premium

Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
Check the box to Disable script debugging.
Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP

2. Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start | Run | Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start | Run | Regsvr32 jscript.dll

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831 (WinXP only)
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521 (IE6 only)

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Alberto & Silvia

Re: Error on page
It turned out that the error came from Windows Live Messenger,it was that
option "Show Windows Live Today" that I had to disable,and bingo!!!

Thanks a lot for the help Frank! :-)

Cordially

Alberto