Re: "error on page"

Dave Patrick

Re: "error on page"
They may have some ideas here. x-posted to:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Eileen" wrote:
>I have tried now for days and have spent many hours on the phone with
> hardware manufacturers and internet provider "experts" but have been
> unable
> to solve this problem: Every time I attempt to access a specific website
> (and
> ONLY this website), I get an error on page message on far left lower
> corner.
> In addition, I cannot see any pictures and a strange message (below)
> appears.
> The website in question is http://www.dell.com. The irony is that I am
> using a Dell computer. We have disabled windows firewall and my antivirus
> software and still same error. We have updated adobe flash and JAVA. We
> have attempted to access this site with several browsers and still this
> error. Lastly, my laptop also has this problem. the only things the 2
> computers have in common are the antivirus and the ISP (cable). As I
> stated,
> we have disabled the anitvirus and firewall and have still encountered
> this
> error. Can anyone help with this problem?
> strange message on top webpage:
> new FlashLibraryActivate(
> 'http://i.dell.com/images/global/banner_engine/bannerengine2.swf?xmlPath=images%2fglobal%2fbrand% 2fbillboard%2fxml%2fus%2fbanner_enus_2.xml&bannerP ath=images%2fglobal%2fbrand%2fbillboard%2f930%2fen %2f','930','380','#FFFFFF','8',alternateMarkup,'', 'flashID_e75b8423eeb24608ba55b0e2f27c5589','high', 'noscale','true','opaque','false','');
>
> Detail of error on page message: "Done, but with errors on page."
> Line: 152
> Char: 1
> Error: Object expected
> Code: 0
>

> --
> THANK YOU!
> Clueless

rob^_^

Re: "error on page"
Hi Eileen,

Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab, uncheck "Display notification about
about every script error", check "Disable script debugging (Internet
Explorer)"

Regards.

"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
> They may have some ideas here. x-posted to:
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>

> --
>
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Eileen" wrote:
>>I have tried now for days and have spent many hours on the phone with
>> hardware manufacturers and internet provider "experts" but have been
>> unable
>> to solve this problem: Every time I attempt to access a specific website
>> (and
>> ONLY this website), I get an error on page message on far left lower
>> corner.
>> In addition, I cannot see any pictures and a strange message (below)
>> appears.
>> The website in question is http://www.dell.com. The irony is that I am
>> using a Dell computer. We have disabled windows firewall and my
>> antivirus
>> software and still same error. We have updated adobe flash and JAVA. We
>> have attempted to access this site with several browsers and still this
>> error. Lastly, my laptop also has this problem. the only things the 2
>> computers have in common are the antivirus and the ISP (cable). As I
>> stated,
>> we have disabled the anitvirus and firewall and have still encountered
>> this
>> error. Can anyone help with this problem?
>> strange message on top webpage:
>> new FlashLibraryActivate(
>> 'http://i.dell.com/images/global/banner_engine/bannerengine2.swf?xmlPath=images%2fglobal%2fbrand% 2fbillboard%2fxml%2fus%2fbanner_enus_2.xml&bannerP ath=images%2fglobal%2fbrand%2fbillboard%2f930%2fen %2f','930','380','#FFFFFF','8',alternateMarkup,'', 'flashID_e75b8423eeb24608ba55b0e2f27c5589','high', 'noscale','true','opaque','false','');
>>
>> Detail of error on page message: "Done, but with errors on page."
>> Line: 152
>> Char: 1
>> Error: Object expected
>> Code: 0
>>

>> --
>> THANK YOU!
>> Clueless

Eileen

Re: "error on page"
Those are the settings I have in place...yet still no luck with this website.
--
Clueless

Eileen

Re: "error on page"
Thank you!
--
Clueless

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> They may have some ideas here. x-posted to:
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>

> --
>
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Eileen" wrote:
> >I have tried now for days and have spent many hours on the phone with
> > hardware manufacturers and internet provider "experts" but have been
> > unable
> > to solve this problem: Every time I attempt to access a specific website
> > (and
> > ONLY this website), I get an error on page message on far left lower
> > corner.
> > In addition, I cannot see any pictures and a strange message (below)
> > appears.
> > The website in question is http://www.dell.com. The irony is that I am
> > using a Dell computer. We have disabled windows firewall and my antivirus
> > software and still same error. We have updated adobe flash and JAVA. We
> > have attempted to access this site with several browsers and still this
> > error. Lastly, my laptop also has this problem. the only things the 2
> > computers have in common are the antivirus and the ISP (cable). As I
> > stated,
> > we have disabled the anitvirus and firewall and have still encountered
> > this
> > error. Can anyone help with this problem?
> > strange message on top webpage:
> > new FlashLibraryActivate(
> > 'http://i.dell.com/images/global/banner_engine/bannerengine2.swf?xmlPath=images%2fglobal%2fbrand% 2fbillboard%2fxml%2fus%2fbanner_enus_2.xml&bannerP ath=images%2fglobal%2fbrand%2fbillboard%2f930%2fen %2f','930','380','#FFFFFF','8',alternateMarkup,'', 'flashID_e75b8423eeb24608ba55b0e2f27c5589','high', 'noscale','true','opaque','false','');
> >
> > Detail of error on page message: "Done, but with errors on page."
> > Line: 152
> > Char: 1
> > Error: Object expected
> > Code: 0
> >

> > --
> > THANK YOU!
> > Clueless

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: "error on page"
"Eileen" <Eileen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329948E9-B2AE-4410-BF9E-B3F6504B09CA@microsoft.com...
> Those are the settings I have in place...yet still no luck with this website.

Then you have minimized the impact of the problem.
E.g. you had to doubleclick on the icon in the Status bar
to get the diagnostic you showed us.

It's probably the Adobe Flash ads at the top of the page.
Do you really care? Should a server really be running Flash ads?

Otherwise perhaps this is the tack you should be taking...

<paste>
<title>How to convert your Windows Server 2003... to a Workstation!</title>
http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/ie.htm

(MSN search for
"internet explorer enhanced security configuration"
)

Secondary keyword would be: hardening

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle