Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE7 Pops up and shuts down

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2008
Boo
 

Posts: n/a
IE7 Pops up and shuts down
Hi, my IE7 pops up and shut down and when it do open there is no tool bar at
top.

I tried to reinstall by going through ATT/Yahoo Brower but, it would not let
me download the IE7 or IE 8. I got an error message

The instruction at "0X7c910cae" referenced memory at "0x000000006" , The
memory could not be "read".

I tried to open it so I could delete temp. files but, that don't work either
I can't do that either any place.

Please Help.
boo
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2008
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 Pops up and shuts down
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode.

Problems can result when add-ons, including browser toolbars, are
damaged or conflict with Internet Explorer.

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
following target path:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Boo wrote:
> Hi, my IE7 pops up and shut down and when it do open there is no tool bar at
> top.
>
> I tried to reinstall by going through ATT/Yahoo Brower but, it would not let
> me download the IE7 or IE 8. I got an error message
>
> The instruction at "0X7c910cae" referenced memory at "0x000000006" , The
> memory could not be "read".
>
> I tried to open it so I could delete temp. files but, that don't work either
> I can't do that either any place.
>
> Please Help.
> boo

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2008
Boo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 Pops up and shuts down
I tryied that to no aval. I tried that last night in it did not work I also
notice that at the bottom of the page it had player something I never seen
before I am really at a lost here. I do need help?

Thanks Leonard Grey
--
boo


"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode.
>
> Problems can result when add-ons, including browser toolbars, are
> damaged or conflict with Internet Explorer.
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
> of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
> viruses or other malicious software.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Boo wrote:
> > Hi, my IE7 pops up and shut down and when it do open there is no tool bar at
> > top.
> >
> > I tried to reinstall by going through ATT/Yahoo Brower but, it would not let
> > me download the IE7 or IE 8. I got an error message
> >
> > The instruction at "0X7c910cae" referenced memory at "0x000000006" , The
> > memory could not be "read".
> >
> > I tried to open it so I could delete temp. files but, that don't work either
> > I can't do that either any place.
> >
> > Please Help.
> > boo

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2008
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 Pops up and shuts down
Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about "player something I never seen
before".
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Boo wrote:
> I tryied that to no aval. I tried that last night in it did not work I also
> notice that at the bottom of the page it had player something I never seen
> before I am really at a lost here. I do need help?
>
> Thanks Leonard Grey

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2008
Boo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 Pops up and shuts down

-- I am sorry Leonard but I found out that it was showing part of my desktop
and the word player is one of the icons on my desktop.

Thanks
boo


"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about "player something I never seen
> before".
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Boo wrote:
> > I tryied that to no aval. I tried that last night in it did not work I also
> > notice that at the bottom of the page it had player something I never seen
> > before I am really at a lost here. I do need help?
> >
> > Thanks Leonard Grey

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2008
Yavuz YILMAZ
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 Pops up and shuts down
Hi

can you try tools>internet options> advaced uncheck enable third party
browser extentions.


"Boo" <Boo@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde şunları
yazdı:25A8CC9E-957A-4173-9663-2A32DB485FE0@microsoft.com...
>
> -- I am sorry Leonard but I found out that it was showing part of my
> desktop
> and the word player is one of the icons on my desktop.
>
> Thanks
> boo
>
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about "player something I never seen
>> before".
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> Boo wrote:
>> > I tryied that to no aval. I tried that last night in it did not work
>> > I also
>> > notice that at the bottom of the page it had player something I never
>> > seen
>> > before I am really at a lost here. I do need help?
>> >
>> > Thanks Leonard Grey

>>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2008
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 Pops up and shuts down
"Boo" <Boo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:27D97D1A-8E16-4A38-9574-3169C0AEB629@microsoft.com...
> Hi, my IE7 pops up and shut down and when it do open there is no tool bar
> at
> top.
>
> I tried to reinstall by going through ATT/Yahoo Brower but, it would not
> let
> me download the IE7 or IE 8. I got an error message
>
> The instruction at "0X7c910cae" referenced memory at "0x000000006" , The
> memory could not be "read".
>
> I tried to open it so I could delete temp. files but, that don't work
> either
> I can't do that either any place.
>
> Please Help.
> boo


Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages, including HijackThis.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus,
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971
Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see
what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2008
Boo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 Pops up and shuts down
Hi, I tried to get into that but, it will not let me open toos, internet
options not even in the control panel.

Thanks
--
boo


"Yavuz YILMAZ" wrote:

> Hi
>
> can you try tools>internet options> advaced uncheck enable third party
> browser extentions.
>
>
> "Boo" <Boo@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
> yazdý:25A8CC9E-957A-4173-9663-2A32DB485FE0@microsoft.com...
> >
> > -- I am sorry Leonard but I found out that it was showing part of my
> > desktop
> > and the word player is one of the icons on my desktop.
> >
> > Thanks
> > boo
> >
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about "player something I never seen
> >> before".
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare Humanum Est
> >>
> >> Boo wrote:
> >> > I tryied that to no aval. I tried that last night in it did not work
> >> > I also
> >> > notice that at the bottom of the page it had player something I never
> >> > seen
> >> > before I am really at a lost here. I do need help?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks Leonard Grey
> >>

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2008
ju.c
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 Pops up and shuts down
IE7 Exits Immediately After Starting
Open the Run box and enter:
regsvr32.exe "%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\IEProxy.dll"

Microsoft Help Page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928427/en-us

IE Stops Responding, Stops Working, or Restarts
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro


ju.c


"Boo" <Boo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE57C563-1D96-4C3B-B2AE-B748CA3F1989@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I tried to get into that but, it will not let me open toos, internet
> options not even in the control panel.
>
> Thanks
> --
> boo
>
>
> "Yavuz YILMAZ" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> can you try tools>internet options> advaced uncheck enable third party
>> browser extentions.
>>
>>
>> "Boo" <Boo@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
>> yazdý:25A8CC9E-957A-4173-9663-2A32DB485FE0@microsoft.com...
>> >
>> > -- I am sorry Leonard but I found out that it was showing part of my
>> > desktop
>> > and the word player is one of the icons on my desktop.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > boo
>> >
>> >
>> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about "player something I never seen
>> >> before".
>> >> ---
>> >> Leonard Grey
>> >> Errare Humanum Est
>> >>
>> >> Boo wrote:
>> >> > I tryied that to no aval. I tried that last night in it did not work
>> >> > I also
>> >> > notice that at the bottom of the page it had player something I never
>> >> > seen
>> >> > before I am really at a lost here. I do need help?
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks Leonard Grey
>> >>

>>
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taskbar pops up while hidden W Green microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 09-05-2008 07:31
how delete the pops? maria astorquia microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 02-13-2008 14:58
DUN pops up anytime IkidUnot microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 01-02-2008 01:25
IE shuts down, programs shuts down Annie microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 12-06-2007 05:17
weird box pops up when signing on philhuntjr microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 10-28-2007 13:03




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:10.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120