Desperately Seek Help All others Baffled

nick

Desperately Seek Help All others Baffled
I have win xp media center 2005 and just had to do a system recovery on my hp
and reinstall everything including internet explorer 7 and flash and activex
plugin

Normally for past 2 yrs i would open up www.nowlive.com go into a show and
right click on a flash cam and i would get the menu which gave you settings,
click on it again to get the adobe privacy settings where you can change your
cam from manycam to what your cam is (mine is creative)

Now after reinstalling I can not right click any flash cam and change my
settings however if i try firefox the site works so its not the site im
wondering if im missing a setting or codec or something. Adobe, nowlive.com,
support is baffled and im wondering since it involves internet explorer maybe
someone ehre can help
rob^_^

Re: Desperately Seek Help All others Baffled
Hi Nick,

Firstly do a Windows update to ensure you have the latest security updates.
(There was a security patch to allow ActiveX and Flash to run without having
to "Click to activate this control". )

Tools>Internet Options - Security tab - Internet Zone, check your security
settings for

Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting (enable)

Active scripting (enable)

Scripting of Java applets (enable)

Ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player 10.0.12.36 which
you can download from here -
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

Let us know how you go. (I could not reproduce your problem, so my reply is
as much an answer as a guess.)

Regards.

"nick" <nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have win xp media center 2005 and just had to do a system recovery on my
> hp
> and reinstall everything including internet explorer 7 and flash and
> activex
> plugin
>
> Normally for past 2 yrs i would open up www.nowlive.com go into a show and
> right click on a flash cam and i would get the menu which gave you
> settings,
> click on it again to get the adobe privacy settings where you can change
> your
> cam from manycam to what your cam is (mine is creative)
>
> Now after reinstalling I can not right click any flash cam and change my
> settings however if i try firefox the site works so its not the site im
> wondering if im missing a setting or codec or something. Adobe,
> nowlive.com,
> support is baffled and im wondering since it involves internet explorer
> maybe
> someone ehre can help

nick

Re: Desperately Seek Help All others Baffled
hi i tried update but i am currently updated i am also running adobe
10.0.12.36 and all those scripts you mentioned are enabled and still not
working as i said adobe has no idea and cant reproduce it