Vista and flahplayer - 'run as administrator'

poachedeggs@hotmail.co.uk

Vista and flahplayer - 'run as administrator'
I've had a bit of trouble with Flashplayer (10) which would not
install properly. It's there in the laptop but after two hours'
fiddling with it will only work if I start Internet Explorer (7) by
rightclicking the icon and choosing run as admnistrator. If I don't,
any site using flashplayer shows a message telling me to download it.

I've done all the manually uninstalling flashplayer moves. How can I
get it to run without having to run as an administrator. I'm the only
user of this laptop. Can I alter the way Internet Explorer starts up
so that either launching it from the desktop or from the Quick Launch
area makes it behave the same as 'run as administrator'.

Thanks for any advice.
Donald Anadell

Re: Vista and flahplayer - 'run as administrator'

<poachedeggs@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've had a bit of trouble with Flashplayer (10) which would not
> install properly. It's there in the laptop but after two hours'
> fiddling with it will only work if I start Internet Explorer (7) by
> rightclicking the icon and choosing run as admnistrator. If I don't,
> any site using flashplayer shows a message telling me to download it.
>
> I've done all the manually uninstalling flashplayer moves. How can I
> get it to run without having to run as an administrator. I'm the only
> user of this laptop. Can I alter the way Internet Explorer starts up
> so that either launching it from the desktop or from the Quick Launch
> area makes it behave the same as 'run as administrator'.
>
> Thanks for any advice.

You say that you've "done all the manually uninstalling flashplayer moves",
does that mean that you've downloaded the Flash Player Uninstaller utility
to your desktop and run the utility?

If not, then download the utility from here and run it:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

Then download the Manual Flash Player installer file to your desktop and run
it:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

If the problem persists, navigate to the following folder:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

Right click on the following file in that folder and Run as Administrator
"FlashUtil10a.exe".
Allow this utility to update the Flash Player.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

poachedeggs@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Vista and flahplayer - 'run as administrator'
Yes, I think all that failed, for me; at least that sounds like what I
did. Thanks anyway. I've today done a clean install instead - most
of the day gone up in smoke but the machine is working a bit smoother,
so hey-ho. I will keep a copy of your advice in case the problem
recurs.