New URL open in new browser window

Rick Altman

New URL open in new browser window
I have a new system that has one undesireable configuration setting that I
cannot track down. Most of the time that I want to visit a specific web
page, I will go to Start | Run | and type in the URL. It's very fast and
easy. On my previous computer, all URLs asked for this way would
automatically open in a new window, not in the browser window that might
have been open at the time. On my new system, however, this request will
cause the existing browser window to activate and make the call there, which
I do not want.

How can I change this so all URL requests from outside of an open browser
window will be handled by a new window? TIA...

Rick A.
Pleasanton CA

rob^_^

Re: New URL open in new browser window
Hi Rick,

Try Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab - uncheck "Reuse window for
launching shortcuts (when tabbed browsing is turned off)"

Regards.

"Rick Altman" <ricka@NOSPAMaltman.com> wrote in message
> I have a new system that has one undesireable configuration setting that I
> cannot track down. Most of the time that I want to visit a specific web
> page, I will go to Start | Run | and type in the URL. It's very fast and
> easy. On my previous computer, all URLs asked for this way would
> automatically open in a new window, not in the browser window that might
> have been open at the time. On my new system, however, this request will
> cause the existing browser window to activate and make the call there,
> which I do not want.
>
> How can I change this so all URL requests from outside of an open browser
> window will be handled by a new window? TIA...
>

> Rick A.
> Pleasanton CA

Rick Altman

Re: New URL open in new browser window
Perfect! Many thanks...

RA

> Hi Rick,
>
> Try Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab - uncheck "Reuse window for
> launching shortcuts (when tabbed browsing is turned off)"

Re: New URL open in new browser window
When all else fails, RTFM.

Rick Altman wrote:
> Perfect! Many thanks...
>
>> Try Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab - uncheck "Reuse window for
>> launching shortcuts (when tabbed browsing is turned off)"

rob^_^

Re: New URL open in new browser window
RTFM?

> When all else fails, RTFM.
>
> Rick Altman wrote:
>> Perfect! Many thanks...
>>
>>> Try Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab - uncheck "Reuse window for
>>> launching shortcuts (when tabbed browsing is turned off)"

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: New URL open in new browser window
Is there one?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> RTFM?

>> When all else fails, RTFM.
>>
>> Rick Altman wrote:
>>> Perfect! Many thanks...

Leonard Grey

Re: New URL open in new browser window
Before jumping to conclusions, keep in mind that Australia's own Mick
Murphy is running wild impersonating people in these newsgroups. If a
post doesn't sound like something that came from PA Bear, it probably
didn't.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est