Backing up feed content in IE7

Andrew Denny

Backing up feed content in IE7
I accidentally deleted a whole folder of feeds, and suddenly realised that
while I had an OPML backup, the feed content itself had not been backed up.

Restoring the feeds only got the most recent content back.

In the future, is there any easy way of backing up the content to my own
backup system? And just as importantly, an easy way of restoring it?

Thanks for any help.
rob^_^

Re: Backing up feed content in IE7
Hi Andrew,

File>Import and Export - Follow the prompts, there is an option there to
export your Feeds to a file that you can use to import them back into IE.

Regards.

"Andrew Denny" <AndrewDenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I accidentally deleted a whole folder of feeds, and suddenly realised that
> while I had an OPML backup, the feed content itself had not been backed
> up.
>
> Restoring the feeds only got the most recent content back.
>
> In the future, is there any easy way of backing up the content to my own
> backup system? And just as importantly, an easy way of restoring it?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Andrew Denny

Re: Backing up feed content in IE7
Thanks, Rob.
However, as I mentioned, while this backs up the address of the feed, it
doesn't back up the *content*. It's the content I want to back up. And
just as importantly, to restore easily.

Andrew

rob^_^

Re: Backing up feed content in IE7
Hi Andrew,

Only other option is to save the web page. File>Save As.

> Thanks, Rob.
> However, as I mentioned, while this backs up the address of the feed, it
> doesn't back up the *content*. It's the content I want to back up. And
> just as importantly, to restore easily.
>
> Andrew

Andrew Denny

Re: Backing up feed content in IE7
Thanks, but what do you mean by 'save the web page'?
This is a feed, not a web page.
I guess the answer, then, is 'No, there's no way to back up the content' :-)

By the way, I wonder if this issue is addressed by IE8?
I tried upgrading to IE8 beta, but it was woefully slow, so I'll wait until
it's released in full.

Re: Backing up feed content in IE7
WYSIWYG.

Andrew Denny wrote:
> I accidentally deleted a whole folder of feeds, and suddenly realised that
> while I had an OPML backup, the feed content itself had not been backed
> up.
>
> Restoring the feeds only got the most recent content back.
>
> In the future, is there any easy way of backing up the content to my own
> backup system? And just as importantly, an easy way of restoring it?
>
> Thanks for any help.

What if the "feed button" doesn't light up when here is a feed Bill microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 4 08-11-2008 22:13
Usenet feed fix, maybe. Alex Clayton microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 07-17-2008 03:59
Feed has moved Steve Security News 0 10-30-2007 16:52
Feed the Snake 1.3 Gamer Games Feed 0 08-08-2007 15:40