I don't see favorites?

les.nympheas@gmail.com

I don't see favorites?
Hello!

I've looked up and down various threads and haven't found quite the
same situation as mine, so here goes:

I had the same problem as a lot of other people did with suddenly not
being able to add new favorites to my folder and getting the dreaded
"Unspceified error'' message until I removed the account control. My
new and improved problem is that when I open IE7 and click on
'Favorites'...nothing shows up! I freaked out at first and checked the
actual folder and it's still there under my user name and full with
all my favorites but I have no idea why it's not showing up in my IE7
browser to begin with.

Any suggestions?

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: I don't see favorites?
les.nympheas@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've looked up and down various threads and haven't found quite the
> same situation as mine, so here goes:
>
> I had the same problem as a lot of other people did with suddenly not
> being able to add new favorites to my folder and getting the dreaded
> "Unspceified error'' message until I removed the account control. My
> new and improved problem is that when I open IE7 and click on
> 'Favorites'...nothing shows up! I freaked out at first and checked the
> actual folder and it's still there under my user name and full with
> all my favorites but I have no idea why it's not showing up in my IE7
> browser to begin with.
>
> Any suggestions?

Windows version, please?

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
"Internet Explorer Favorites are missing/empty".

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_favorites.htm
"Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites May be Missing"

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: I don't see favorites?
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] wrote:

> les.nympheas@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I've looked up and down various threads and haven't found quite the
>> same situation as mine, so here goes:
>>
>> I had the same problem as a lot of other people did with suddenly not
>> being able to add new favorites to my folder and getting the dreaded
>> "Unspceified error'' message until I removed the account control. My
>> new and improved problem is that when I open IE7 and click on
>> 'Favorites'...nothing shows up! I freaked out at first and checked the
>> actual folder and it's still there under my user name and full with
>> all my favorites but I have no idea why it's not showing up in my IE7
>> browser to begin with.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

> Windows version, please?
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
> "Internet Explorer Favorites are missing/empty".
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_favorites.htm
> "Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites May be Missing"

And:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fa...orer-is-empty/

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

les.nympheas@gmail.com

Re: I don't see favorites?
On Oct 22, 11:14*pm, "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodiru...@xoom.it>
wrote:
> les.nymph...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello!

> > I've looked up and down various threads and haven't found quite the
> > same situation as mine, so here goes:

> > *I had the same problem as a lot of other people did with suddenly not
> > being able to add new favorites to my folder and getting the dreaded
> > "Unspceified error'' message until I removed the account control. My
> > new and improved problem is that when I open IE7 and click on
> > 'Favorites'...nothing shows up! I freaked out at first and checked the
> > actual folder and it's still there under my user name and full with
> > all my favorites but I have no idea why it's not showing up in my IE7
> > browser to begin with.

> > Any suggestions?

> Windows version, please?
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
> "Internet Explorer Favorites are missing/empty".
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_favorites.htm
> "Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites May be Missing"
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile:https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: *http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/- Hide quoted text -

I'm sorry! I'm using Windows Vista.
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: I don't see favorites?
les.nympheas@gmail.com wrote:

> On Oct 22, 11:14 pm, "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodiru...@xoom.it>
> wrote:
>> les.nymph...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Hello!

>>> I've looked up and down various threads and haven't found quite the
>>> same situation as mine, so here goes:

>>> I had the same problem as a lot of other people did with suddenly not
>>> being able to add new favorites to my folder and getting the dreaded
>>> "Unspceified error'' message until I removed the account control. My
>>> new and improved problem is that when I open IE7 and click on
>>> 'Favorites'...nothing shows up! I freaked out at first and checked the
>>> actual folder and it's still there under my user name and full with
>>> all my favorites but I have no idea why it's not showing up in my IE7
>>> browser to begin with.

>>> Any suggestions?

>> Windows version, please?
>>
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
>> "Internet Explorer Favorites are missing/empty".
>>
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_favorites.htm
>> "Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites May be Missing"
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile:https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/- Hide quoted text -

> I'm sorry! I'm using Windows Vista.

Repost...

On Oct 23, 1:31*am, "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodiru...@xoom.it>
wrote:
> les.nymph...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Oct 22, 11:14 pm, "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodiru...@xoom.it>
> > wrote:

> >> Windows version, please?

> >>http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
> >> "Internet Explorer Favorites are missing/empty".

> >>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_favorites.htm
> >> "Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites May be Missing"

> >> --
> >> Vincenzo Di Russo
> >> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> >> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> >> My MVP Profile:https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> >> My Blog:http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/-Hide quoted text -

> > I'm sorry! I'm using Windows Vista.

> Repost...http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fa...explorer-is-em...
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile:https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: *http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/- Hide quoted text -

Ok, I followed all the steps in Vincenzo's link to merge the .ink file
into the registry, restarted and nothing has changed. Is there any way
I can somehow link my favorites folder to ie7 any other way?
Thanks for all the help,

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: I don't see favorites?
les.nympheas@gmail.com wrote:

> On Oct 23, 1:31 am, "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodiru...@xoom.it>
> wrote:
>> les.nymph...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I'm sorry! I'm using Windows Vista.

Repost...http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fa...a-explorer-is-
em...

>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile:https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/- Hide quoted text -

> Ok, I followed all the steps in Vincenzo's link to merge the .ink file
> into the registry, restarted and nothing has changed. Is there any way
> I can somehow link my favorites folder to ie7 any other way?
> Thanks for all the help,

Go to these Registry keys (Start -> Run -> Regedit -> OK) and, if found,
delete the value "NoFavorites".
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\policies\Inte*
rnet Explorer]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\policies\Inter*
net Explorer]

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: I don't see favorites?
The Favorites folder might be pointing to an invalid location. To check
this, type the following in the Start, Search box and press ENTER:

shell:favorites

Does the Favorites folder open? If so, post the full path as displayed in
the Address Bar?

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

<les.nympheas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I've looked up and down various threads and haven't found quite the
> same situation as mine, so here goes:
>
> I had the same problem as a lot of other people did with suddenly not
> being able to add new favorites to my folder and getting the dreaded
> "Unspceified error'' message until I removed the account control. My
> new and improved problem is that when I open IE7 and click on
> 'Favorites'...nothing shows up! I freaked out at first and checked the
> actual folder and it's still there under my user name and full with
> all my favorites but I have no idea why it's not showing up in my IE7
> browser to begin with.
>
> Any suggestions?

les.nympheas@gmail.com

Re: I don't see favorites?
On Oct 23, 11:56*am, "Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" <ramesh@unknownhost>
wrote:
> The Favorites folder might be pointing to an invalid location. To check
> this, type the following in the Start, Search box and press ENTER:
>
> * * shell:favorites
>
> Does the Favorites folder open? If so, post the full path as displayed in
> the Address Bar?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ramesh Srinivasan, *Microsoft MVP *[Windows Shell/User]
> The Winhelponline Bloghttp://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>
> <les.nymph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello!

> > I've looked up and down various threads and haven't found quite the
> > same situation as mine, so here goes:

> > I had the same problem as a lot of other people did with suddenly not
> > being able to add new favorites to my folder and getting the dreaded
> > "Unspceified error'' message until I removed the account control. My
> > new and improved problem is that when I open IE7 and click on
> > 'Favorites'...nothing shows up! I freaked out at first and checked the
> > actual folder and it's still there under my user name and full with
> > all my favorites but I have no idea why it's not showing up in my IE7
> > browser to begin with.

> > Any suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Hm. I did the shell:favorites search and got another folder called
favorites! Not the cool green folder with the gold star icon but a
regular yellow looking one. When I actually open up my user named file
and open the favorites (folder with the gold star) everything is
there. Even when I save a new favorite it shows up there, which I
couldn't do before because of my initial problem with IE7. How do I
get IE7 to recognize the right favorites folder?

wrote:
> The Favorites folder might be pointing to an invalid location. To check
> this, type the following in the Start, Search box and press ENTER:
>
> * * shell:favorites
>
> Does the Favorites folder open? If so, post the full path as displayed in
> the Address Bar?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ramesh Srinivasan, *Microsoft MVP *[Windows Shell/User]
> The Winhelponline Bloghttp://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>
> <les.nymph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello!

> > I've looked up and down various threads and haven't found quite the
> > same situation as mine, so here goes:

> > I had the same problem as a lot of other people did with suddenly not
> > being able to add new favorites to my folder and getting the dreaded
> > "Unspceified error'' message until I removed the account control. My
> > new and improved problem is that when I open IE7 and click on
> > 'Favorites'...nothing shows up! I freaked out at first and checked the
> > actual folder and it's still there under my user name and full with
> > all my favorites but I have no idea why it's not showing up in my IE7
> > browser to begin with.

> > Any suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

I just realized that the folder that I got in the shell:favorites
search is actually a folder within the favorites (green w/gold star)
folder so the path actually looks like this: User
Name>Favorites>favorites. I don't know if that helps or confuses the
situation even more, but I thought it might be relevent.