Problem viewing some Flash video in ONE user account?

+Bob+

Problem viewing some Flash video in ONE user account?
Problem:

I can't view this video in my account on a Vista/SP1 IE7 machine:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol....interview.cnn

In general, I can't see any flash news videos at the CNN site.
However, I can see flash there - the have some flash animation right
on the home page and it works fine. I can see flash video at other
sites just fine. I can see the troublesome flash in Firefox. I can
even see the above URL if I use another user account on this same
machine!

FYI - flash has been installed/uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.
Also, my account tends to have very little security on it, much less
than the other account which is mostly a "stock" Vista account. I own
all the directories on the hard drive. UAC is shut off. I run as an
admin.

Thoughts on how to fix this?
rob^_^

Re: Problem viewing some Flash video in ONE user account?
Hi Bob,

The link
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol....interview.cnn

is redirected to http://edition.cnn.com/video/

All the videos/flash on that page seem to work fine for me (Vista x86)

Check - Right click on the Video/Flash item and select Settings from the
context menu. Make sure that your Flash settings allow enough memory to be
used to buffer the video.

Also - Check your Video Accelerator settings (see your Control Panel) for
your screen refresh rate (I am using the default 60 htz.)

Regards.

"+Bob+" <uctraing@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> Problem:
>
> I can't view this video in my account on a Vista/SP1 IE7 machine:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol....interview.cnn
>
> In general, I can't see any flash news videos at the CNN site.
> However, I can see flash there - the have some flash animation right
> on the home page and it works fine. I can see flash video at other
> sites just fine. I can see the troublesome flash in Firefox. I can
> even see the above URL if I use another user account on this same
> machine!
>
> FYI - flash has been installed/uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.
> Also, my account tends to have very little security on it, much less
> than the other account which is mostly a "stock" Vista account. I own
> all the directories on the hard drive. UAC is shut off. I run as an
> admin.
>
> Thoughts on how to fix this?

+Bob+

Re: Problem viewing some Flash video in ONE user account?
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:24:03 +1100, "rob^_^"
<iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Check - Right click on the Video/Flash item and select Settings from the
>context menu. Make sure that your Flash settings allow enough memory to be
>used to buffer the video.

I don't see a setting for buffer memory...

>Also - Check your Video Accelerator settings (see your Control Panel) for
>your screen refresh rate (I am using the default 60 htz.)

Set to 60 (LCD).

rob^_^

Re: Problem viewing some Flash video in ONE user account?
It's a setting called "How much information can "the name of your player"
store on your computer."

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:24:03 +1100, "rob^_^"
> <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Check - Right click on the Video/Flash item and select Settings from the
>>context menu. Make sure that your Flash settings allow enough memory to be
>>used to buffer the video.

> I don't see a setting for buffer memory...
>
>>Also - Check your Video Accelerator settings (see your Control Panel) for
>>your screen refresh rate (I am using the default 60 htz.)

> Set to 60 (LCD).

+Bob+

Re: Problem viewing some Flash video in ONE user account?
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 07:15:55 +1100, "rob^_^"
<iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It's a setting called "How much information can "the name of your player"
>store on your computer."
>
>Regards.

OK... found that... but it only works for flash you can see. That is,
I can't see video from cnn.com, so I can't change the setting.

Perhaps there is a flash setting somewhere I can hack for this. It
does not seem to be in the registry.