IE7 loses saved passwords/logins

Barry

IE7 loses saved passwords/logins
Hi

I've been using IE7 for a while without problems!

Over the weekend I logged back in and all my logins/passwords had been
cleared- I thought I might of cleared the cache by mistake.

So I logged back into all the sites.

The next day all those had been re set & I've had to log back in.

Does anyone know how to fix this please?

I'm on Vista running IE7
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE7 loses saved passwords/logins
"Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've been using IE7 for a while without problems!
>
> Over the weekend I logged back in and all my logins/passwords had been
> cleared- I thought I might of cleared the cache by mistake.
>
> So I logged back into all the sites.
>
> The next day all those had been re set & I've had to log back in.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this please?
>
> I'm on Vista running IE7

Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete
Is the option to save user names and passwords still checked?

Have you reset IE?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Barry

Re: IE7 loses saved passwords/logins
Hi

It is still checked I've not re set IE, should I try that?

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I've been using IE7 for a while without problems!
> >
> > Over the weekend I logged back in and all my logins/passwords had been
> > cleared- I thought I might of cleared the cache by mistake.
> >
> > So I logged back into all the sites.
> >
> > The next day all those had been re set & I've had to log back in.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this please?
> >
> > I'm on Vista running IE7

> Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete
> Is the option to save user names and passwords still checked?
>
> Have you reset IE?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE7 loses saved passwords/logins
Resetting IE would cause it to lose passwords, among other things.

> Hi
>
> It is still checked I've not re set IE, should I try that?
>
> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:
>
>> "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I've been using IE7 for a while without problems!
>> >
>> > Over the weekend I logged back in and all my logins/passwords had been
>> > cleared- I thought I might of cleared the cache by mistake.
>> >
>> > So I logged back into all the sites.
>> >
>> > The next day all those had been re set & I've had to log back in.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know how to fix this please?
>> >
>> > I'm on Vista running IE7

>> Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete
>> Is the option to save user names and passwords still checked?
>>
>> Have you reset IE?

Barry

Re: IE7 loses saved passwords/logins
I've now re-set iE but the problem still happens, could the file be
corrupt-how would I repair it?

> I've now re-set iE but the problem still happens, could the file be
> corrupt-how would I repair it?

all I can think of is to go to Tools | Internet Options | Autocomplete and
uncheck Save user names and passwords.
Restart the computer and IE and go back and restore the option. I don't
know whether that will help or not.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Barry

Re: IE7 loses saved passwords/logins
Hi

I tried unchecking & then restarting but it still does not save passwords
any more ideas please?

> Hi
>
> I tried unchecking & then restarting but it still does not save passwords
> any more ideas please?
>> all I can think of is to go to Tools | Internet Options | Autocomplete
>> and
>> uncheck Save user names and passwords.
>> Restart the computer and IE and go back and restore the option. I don't
>> know whether that will help or not.
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
>> Do not reply with email

I suppose it could be a third-party security program blocking the Registry
change IE needs to make to save a password.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Barry

Re: IE7 loses saved passwords/logins
sorted now, thanks for the help

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I tried unchecking & then restarting but it still does not save passwords
> > any more ideas please?
> >> all I can think of is to go to Tools | Internet Options | Autocomplete
> >> and
> >> uncheck Save user names and passwords.
> >> Restart the computer and IE and go back and restore the option. I don't
> >> know whether that will help or not.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> >> Do not reply with email
> >>

> I suppose it could be a third-party security program blocking the Registry
> change IE needs to make to save a password.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

Bob Gourley

Re: IE7 loses saved passwords/logins
Did someone come up with a solution to this problem? I have the same problem.
I reformatted my computer and installed all the same software I had before
and now internet explorer will not store user names and passwords even after
clicking yes when it ask If I want to save them. Also - My windows live
messenger will not remember me either after I restart the computer. It does
until I restart. I wonder if these 2 problems are related?